PDA

View Full Version : the 5 the 5 the 5 is on fire!!!

Red October
29-07-2012, 17:10
Hahahahahahaha not only did we have a mega weekend, we did the headgasket trackside, sorted the fire damage and ran at 16psi all the way home! The red 5 will have to die another day!

Big thankyou to anyone that helped lending tools and parts especially gtmatt and the dutch and French guys without your torquebar we wouldnt have made it!!! And the guy who gave me the headgasket I want your babies!

I'd just like to see the Marshall again who powdercoated my bay when I told him I had a big co2 one in the boot, no need pal you've caused us a nightmare clean up!

R5TURBORON
29-07-2012, 17:43
Glad you got home ok mate glad my input just before I went home helped

Red October
29-07-2012, 17:47
Cheers Ron we would have been stumped if you hadn't have rolled up. Tbh the car feels better than it did on the way there!?! That's what happens at 28psi on your last run after hours of abuse!

andybond
29-07-2012, 18:11
Glad you got back :)

I think you might have made a boo boo running 28psi tho mate!

Red October
29-07-2012, 18:19
Glad you got back :)

I think you might have made a boo boo running 28psi tho mate!

Cheers Andy, the power was fun while it lasted, it took bloody ages in limited light to do all the work but with the beers flowing and engineering elbow grease we came good, just watched the camera footage and it's good will post on YouTube so everyone can have a laugh!

Tbh lots of people took pictures of the incident and repairs, would be good if they could post em up.

gtmatt
31-07-2012, 21:29
Glad you got home ok mate :) see you soon Need any help just lm
Us Matt

Megabytes
31-07-2012, 22:18
Hahahahahahaha not only did we have a mega weekend, we did the headgasket trackside, sorted the fire damage and ran at 16psi all the way home! The red 5 will have to die another day!

Big thankyou to anyone that helped lending tools and parts especially gtmatt and the dutch and French guys without your torquebar we wouldnt have made it!!! And the guy who gave me the headgasket I want your babies!

I'd just like to see the Marshall again who powdercoated my bay when I told him I had a big co2 one in the boot, no need pal you've caused us a nightmare clean up!

You'r welcome !!
Hope it has helped ;) :agree: