PDA

View Full Version : starlet turbo bleeding

dangerous dave
07-12-2008, 19:40
guy over the road has one, seen him tinkering with it for a while and keep telling myself not to get roped in as im sure it would be a jap gtt with its own share of problems...

being a nosey cnut i went over today and found out it does:(

i think it needs someone with a little more know how to help him out but im not to sharp on these plus it was dark when chatting to him.. he was trying to bleed it but saying last time him and a mate just ran it up and it bled itself, fair enough but i would have thought there was a bleed screw somewhere?

where's the temp taken from as there was no reading? up and left of the thermostat housing?

Adam L
08-12-2008, 19:13
They usually do bleed themselves. My Pulsar did, all you have to do was the fill the system up via the rad cap. I haven't got a clue where the temp sensor is though, it wouldn't be hard to find...

Just thought, aren't they nearly always in the water pump?...

dangerous dave
08-12-2008, 23:24
i had a look at some sites and it would seem your right, just top it up and go.. the lad said it boiled over last time so i thought perhaps there was a bleed nippy to help it along its way..

there is a broken wire down there but he said it was fan switch, but i got the feeling it was water temp as its only got 1 wire.. might go have a better look when he's about..

ollyhock
11-12-2008, 20:52
tell him to go on toyota turbo.com, its all you need to know about glanza's

Adam L
12-12-2008, 17:10
It's not just the Glanza, all three models ran the same engine.

bye_all_c_ya
12-12-2008, 17:26
tell him to scrap it and get somethink else ;)
never liked them myself lol