PDA

View Full Version : Boost issue

SirSamuelOfBuca
27-07-2012, 08:24
Cars started not to boost to where I have set it.

in first i get a squeek at about 10psi

struggle to get 10psi in any gear (set to 12ish)

How do I go about finding whats up I have checked and everything is connected :S :(

Brigsy
27-07-2012, 09:54
Check for boost leaks

SirSamuelOfBuca
27-07-2012, 09:55
any good way to do this? I was just gonna remove all the pipes n see if I can see a split in them :/ bloody thing!

Leebourner
27-07-2012, 15:26
Same happened to me last week.. Found a hole in the intercooler where the oil pipes had chafed it.
Replaced the intercooler & two days later my turbo let go! Think it was trying to over boost to compensate for the lost pressure through the split in the intercooler! Don't drive it till you find the fault!!

markey b
27-07-2012, 16:51
duck/squeak is defo an air leak

SirSamuelOfBuca
27-07-2012, 17:16
Cheers fiddled with the boost controller at lunch and had a blast down the road didnt hear the squeak and it boosted fine?????? hmm will keep an ear out.

Owning a 5 is stressful!

SirSamuelOfBuca
27-07-2012, 17:17
Same happened to me last week.. Found a hole in the intercooler where the oil pipes had chafed it.
Replaced the intercooler & two days later my turbo let go! Think it was trying to over boost to compensate for the lost pressure through the split in the intercooler! Don't drive it till you find the fault!!

Hmm i was wondering if there was a hole in mine as it had a plate welded to it will check. Cheers

GT Josh
27-07-2012, 17:50
Cheers fiddled with the boost controller at lunch and had a blast down the road didnt hear the squeak and it boosted fine?????? hmm will keep an ear out.

Owning a 5 is stressful!

Within 2 months of gettin mine, I had electrical Faults, gearbox issues and airlock problems. Sort out the niggles and boom 5s are the best.