PDA

View Full Version : winter sucks

Dudders
07-12-2008, 18:45
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

I just polished the 5 for the last time this year, then tucked it up nice and warm in the garage, wont be driving it till next spring now :cry: :sad: also sold my workhorse of an A4 tdi one of the best cars i have ever owned and am now looking forward to a winter in a transit van with a heater worse than the 5 its slower than the 5 handles badly period, rattles a lot more and costs more to insure! also has a worse sound system and looks ****e too........................... any1 have a jet engine i could transplant into it??? i am in need of a hug

ady b
07-12-2008, 19:04
loving the black standard 5 on your profile matey :cool: looks very nice

J$£5GTT
07-12-2008, 19:56
i like winter
:)

tobester
07-12-2008, 21:40
I love winter in my 5, even though all the interior has gone, including the heater matrix. Works wonders for charge temps:) although **** for traction. :(

Shane P
07-12-2008, 21:42
Me too :)

rs250nut
07-12-2008, 22:40
I love winter in my 5, even though all the interior has gone, including the heater matrix. Works wonders for charge temps:) although **** for traction. :(

How do you demist the screen, with a rag?

J$£5GTT
07-12-2008, 22:53

i use a beer towel ! :D

my cars keep out in all the weather i just bought a cover
for it,saves scraping all that ice of in the mornings!! :smokin:

argos £25 :D:agree:

OUTLAW
07-12-2008, 23:01

i use a beer towel ! :D

my cars keep out in all the weather i just bought a cover
for it,saves scraping all that ice of in the mornings!! :smokin:

argos £25 :D:agree:
does it ice up under the cover:confused:

dangerous dave
08-12-2008, 00:31
was in my 5 the other night and OMG the heater is shat, wasn't worth having on at all.. at full blast i could feel it but it was never gonna warm the car up..

my old 106 xsi was unreal, you could burn yourself with the heater in that and it would have turn be turned down or risk heatstroke even if snowing.:cool:

the astravans pretty good tho:smokin:

what really gets on my moobies is when your in the car with ya mates, its freezing out and the cars just warmed up inside then some t@at farts.... it would be funny but 4 windows open and your all freezing your nuts off again.. :dearme:

djinuk
08-12-2008, 08:53
my 205 ploughs on all through the year, needless to say dispite washing almost daily , its impossible to keep clean.

tobester
08-12-2008, 12:13

I have cut the blower motor housing off the top of the heater box, and use the original windscreen ducts, it's fecking cold but works, only problem is i can't stop cold air entering the car when the blower motor is off, so have a permanent cold air stream running up the screen whenever the car is in motion, i just wear a hat :)

dangerous dave
08-12-2008, 14:11
could you not fit them bonnet lifter things for added flow over the screen?? ghey, but might help once the engines warm

BriC
08-12-2008, 14:14
was in my 5 the other night and OMG the heater is shat, wasn't worth having on at all.. at full blast i could feel it but it was never gonna warm the car up..

my old 106 xsi was unreal, you could burn yourself with the heater in that and it would have turn be turned down or risk heatstroke even if snowing.:cool:

the astravans pretty good tho:smokin:

what really gets on my moobies is when your in the car with ya mates, its freezing out and the cars just warmed up inside then some t@at farts.... it would be funny but 4 windows open and your all freezing your nuts off again.. :dearme:

Really? Why is it that all my 5's have kept me nice and warm, all year round. And no, none of them have ever had overheating problems...

tom t
08-12-2008, 14:36
i really need 2 get my fan workin for my heating. it will come on when i go round a corner say lol.

do you think this could just be a loose/corroded connection? cheers

MR TURBO
08-12-2008, 14:42
i really need 2 get my fan workin for my heating. it will come on when i go round a corner say lol.

do you think this could just be a loose/corroded connection? cheers

Sounds like a loose or corroded connection to me or maybe its the ghost of xmas past LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Humbug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

tom t
08-12-2008, 17:45
ill have a butchers at the wiring soon. just gotta put the old girl through the mot for this year. might leave it till after xmas..

phase i 16 v turbo
08-12-2008, 17:58
On the front of the heater there is a resistor that sometime fails / or doesn't work correctly all the time. They can be replaced. See attached photo for a clearer look.

Cheers
Mike

scratcher
08-12-2008, 18:12
my heater works lovely, but those stupid centre vents keep the car freezing, they even blow when the slider bit is fully closed :(

raj
08-12-2008, 18:23
my heater works lovely, but those stupid centre vents keep the car freezing, they even blow when the slider bit is fully closed :(

i agree, i think there pointless:disagree: they blow freezing cold in he winter and warm air in the summer. ive gone and got hold of the campus blacking plate that fits in place of the vents, plus it gives you an extra place for your loose change:)

Misky
08-12-2008, 18:36
i agree, i think there pointless:disagree: they blow freezing cold in he winter and warm air in the summer. ive gone and got hold of the campus blacking plate that fits in place of the vents, plus it gives you an extra place for your loose change:)

It always makes me wonder what kind of complaints renault must have got back in the day? lol
:scratch:

scratcher
08-12-2008, 18:42
It always makes me wonder what kind of complaints renault must have got back in the day? lol
:scratch:
yeah, either ''where's my vents?'' or ''why don't they blow useable air?''

J$£5GTT
08-12-2008, 19:40
does it ice up under the cover:confused:

nope:)

OUTLAW
08-12-2008, 19:45
:niceone:......i found that some of the cheaper ones still frost up. thats cool, a good buy for £25 then..........:santa:

mr bean aka pete
08-12-2008, 22:17
since owning my 5 and using it as my daily drive ive never had a problem with the heating. but i do admit those bloody centre vents no matter if they are turned right off still blows cold air threw them :rolleyes:

Purple_rob
08-12-2008, 23:15
agree :) . the centre console part is pants. every now and then i get a cold draft.

first time i was just waving my hand around in the car like a prat trying to find where it was coming from :scratch:

dangerous dave
08-12-2008, 23:15
Really? Why is it that all my 5's have kept me nice and warm, all year round. And no, none of them have ever had overheating problems...

mine was used as a daily driver for years and i lived with it happily, but the 106 must have a wood burner behind the dash as its unreal how hot it gets.. i did change the heater matrix when i bought it as it was leaking, so its as god as it gets..

i flushed the rad, engine and heater matrix on the 5 a while back so that too is runnng lovely with its temps..............apart from the heater.. it blows hot, but at a rate thats never gonna win a prize. i just keep it on my feet and wear my coat.:)

BriC
08-12-2008, 23:41
Oh right.. In my campus, it blows red hot. Can't remember on my GTT though.. I haven't driven it in a while

J$£5GTT
08-12-2008, 23:42
i was thinking of replacing the heater blower with something more
powerful,but am unable to find a fan which you can switch to various
speeds rather than just one speed like spal etc???
:coffee:

raj
08-12-2008, 23:47
first time i was just waving my hand around in the car like a prat trying to find where it was coming from :scratch:

ive done exactly the same thing for a while until i found it was the vents too:laugh: it looked like i was doing the "vogue" hand movements in the car:laugh: