PDA

View Full Version : Mowers!!

Coops
25-07-2012, 15:01
right, its kind of related to cars, as in petrol power ftw!

I have just moved into my new house and actually now have a garden!:cool: with several lawns that I want to keep nicely cut.

I intend to purchase a second hand petrol mower, my question is does anyone have any recommendations/advice as to decent reliable petrol mowers? I've been looking at mountfield units, supposedly the Briggs & Stratton lumps are decent units so should be reliable enough?

ideally I want my dads old Suffolk super colt but its a classic unit and he wont let me have it!lol! plus he loves screaming at it every summer then cracking out the flymo so I don't want to take that annual tantrum away from him! not to mentions its not exactly reliable! :laugh:

Kris M
25-07-2012, 15:06
honda!

Coops
25-07-2012, 15:12
honda!

way out the price bracket.........just been looking and they are pricey mowers!!! :laugh:

James5
25-07-2012, 15:25
I can recomend a Hayter Hawk matey, I have had it a few years now and never had any probs with it and gives a nice cut is height adjustable without taking the blade of to adjust height:agree:

I bought mine in 2002 for just under £400 I am sure you can get them cheap 2nd hand now, all I have to do is replace the spark plug on it and that's it and it's 10 years old now:agree::D

TNT Tricky Nicky
25-07-2012, 16:27
near enough all petrol mowers are briggs and stratton engines unless it's a honda, even argos/homebase/b&q own brands. will run forever with regular oil, airfilter and sparkplug changes.

spares and parts also need taking into concideration as you may find if something simple breaks you might not be able to get the part to replace it

second hand hayters are worth the money all day long, if you can get a self propelled even better imo.

car.crash
25-07-2012, 16:31
I've got a flymo for home with a Briggs engine and it's ok but not great.
For work I have just bought a hayter push mower for the sum of £800 and it's epic but strong money.
Anything hayter, Stihl, John Deere will serve you well.

markey b
25-07-2012, 16:39
i need a cheap ride on if anyone knows of any :wasntme:

Adey aka Ewok
25-07-2012, 17:10
i use a scag ride on i steal from the farm to cut my lawn, great fun like driving a tank

JP Racing
25-07-2012, 18:13
i need a cheap ride on if anyone knows of any :wasntme:

Marky your gardens smaller than my 5 :cooter: lol why you need a ride on :)