PDA

View Full Version : fuel in air jet

Muzza
24-07-2012, 13:32
hi folks have what i think is a strange problem my car isnt running right at all. when i take the air or idle jet out a small amount of fuel comes out and when you look through the hole in the jet its clogged with fuel. i have tested the fuel pressure and its 4psi at the carb. so then fitted new gaskets to carb but still have fuel there. has any one seen this before or is my parcel just a one off????:confused:

Brigsy
24-07-2012, 13:44
I assume you mean the idle jet that is the brass screw on the side of the carb? Fuel goes through it mate

Muzza
24-07-2012, 13:58
I assume you mean the idle jet that is the brass screw on the side of the carb? Fuel goes through it mate

yeah thats the one. ok so that rules that out then!! its getting to much fuel wel i think thats what its doin if i crank it over then take the carb off there is a small puddle of fuel in the manifold. really melting me..

Brigsy
24-07-2012, 14:26
What size is the jet? Have you got the bullet fitted? I think the cause of the problem will be needle jet not sealing or knackered top of carb to body gasket, o-ring not sealing or missing on the brass acc pump jet.

Also make sure your idle speed isnt set too high as that can cause the main jet to dump fuel in

michael tierney
24-07-2012, 17:02
look into the carb when its idling...if there no fuel dripping in from the venturi or accellerator nozzle then u hav'nt much of a problem!!:)

Muzza
24-07-2012, 18:21
What size is the jet? Have you got the bullet fitted? I think the cause of the problem will be needle jet not sealing or knackered top of carb to body gasket, o-ring not sealing or missing on the brass acc pump jet.

Also make sure your idle speed isnt set too high as that can cause the main jet to dump fuel in

It's a 45 and yeah the bullet part of it is fitted. The needle is sealing as I cut up a old carb up just to check this. The fuel is dripping in it completely soaks the throttle flap and if you take the vacuum pipe that goes to the turbo it nearly is running out of it. Them car is really hard to start and when going belts smoke out and will only run on full throttle.:confused:

s3irios
24-07-2012, 18:26
I believe a full carb rehaul is needed. Buy a kit if you hadn't do so, it's like 30 euros here.
Or else u are probably mising the o-ring seal in the small pipe that goes in the venturi.

LYNCHSTAR
24-07-2012, 18:33
the same thing happend to me last week just brought a carb kit and rebuilt it it was all ok after.:)

Muzza
24-07-2012, 18:34
Thanks will try that and see how that goes!

Muzza
24-07-2012, 18:38
Where abouts is the best place to get a rebuild kit?? I thought the rtoc shop had them or am I just blind?? Cgb was 44 quid is that about right??

Brigsy
24-07-2012, 19:02
If fuel is coming out of the vac pipe that goes to the top of the carb the fuel pressure regulator might be shot?

Muzza
28-07-2012, 16:36
Just got the carb kit wil get it fitted and see if it cures the torture!