PDA

View Full Version : History ! please help

greggtt
20-07-2012, 21:08
Goin to see this phase 1 tomorrow D315 DUY , any body know it's dark past????

It's electric blue and been slightly modified , but just thought with the age of the old girl someone will know something about her.

greggtt
21-07-2012, 15:29
Pics now on profile , it was bought from Newcastle area 3 years ago, any help appreciated!!!!!!!

Kris M
22-07-2012, 22:38
Didnt BriC own that a while ago ?

car.crash
22-07-2012, 23:02
I'm sure they said they wasn't going to remove it from the canal?

Haz
23-07-2012, 01:57
that looks familiar? possibly owned by bric, his first one but for some reson i think it may have been in the hands of the backyard lads? i may have done something on it too?? if its the car i'm thinking of, i seem to remember the floor having loads of pin holes in it like water had been sat in it for a while, whats it like under the carpet?

5alldaway
23-07-2012, 02:51
sure as hell bric owned that, some fella bought it off him and on the way back something failed and ended up paying about £500 to have it towed back when it would of cost him £120 to join AA for the year

last i knew of it the owner tried to get bric done for it but i dont think he got anywhere with it

i still speak to bric now and again so i can see what he has to say for it if you wanted

greggtt
23-07-2012, 22:37
Cheers guys knew someone would recognise it, it's a bit passed it's best but got a years ticket and six months tax so not too bad I suppose, especially for what I paid for it!

I'll have a look under the carpet's tomorrow and gonna have a look through the history, what's Brics full name ? got lot's of receipts with it ,maybe from when he had it, guy said he bought from Newcastle around 3 years ago and has done around 10000miles since then,(126000 total) last owner did an engine rebuild and it's de choked etc ( rebuild possibly due to it breaking down as previously spoken about)

Plans are to track it or strip it down and try to get it looking original with unpainted plastics etc just love Electric blue but may be too far gone but hopefully I can save her, if not Track rat is on the cards.

On the down side , the mrs was away to egypt on holiday with the mother in law when I bought it and came home saturday!!!!!! trying to explain that two fives are better than one didn't go well so pretty quiet round mine at the moment , due to a severe lack of conversation!!! THEY JUST DONT GET IT!!!!!:scratch:

Thanks again chaps

Greg

Haz
24-07-2012, 00:56
Bric's name Ollie, dunno if he's on here anymore. Tbh it doesn't look any different, twas a bit scabby round the vents too. Regards the kit, I've just done Josh's and imo looks just as good as oe, in fact more up to date and cheaper than replacing the kit, but if you do replace it I may be interested as looking for kits to refurb.
Good luck trying to convince the mrs, think most of us are in the same boat!

greggtt
24-07-2012, 08:39
How much would you take to do the kit bud? I need to source a front bumper and grill and I will be looking to run the car for a few months then strip it down to see how bad it is, PM with the price if you want and I will get back to you and hopefully we can work something out , do you strip the paint off and re paint ? just wondering what the original kit colour would be?? grey or black??

As for the wife, i had to make my own tea last night so she still is pretty annoyed, at least I have a choice of two cars to sleep in when she chucks me out!!!!!

Greg

Brigsy
24-07-2012, 12:34
BriC owned it then a lad called dane fowler bought it, i can remember him whinging on about it breaking down on the way home. The headgasket went when he owned it, he got that sorted and sold it on

greggtt
25-07-2012, 15:38
Cheers Brigsy, I was rushed offshore yesterday so not had a chance to go through the receipts in any detail but sure there was one for engine build , will double check when or if I get home!!!!,She is a little sorry for herself at the moment so hopes are to save her from the scrap heap but we will see.