PDA

View Full Version : 50mm alloy rad

Nialle
19-07-2012, 22:12
Fitted a 50mm rad to the 5 tonight an my bottom water hose is abit squashed where it goes on to the rad. as im an amature im worried the water wont flow properly? am i right? please help haha

DaveMayGTT
21-07-2012, 20:04
I asked a similar question in my project thread recently, there is an image to show how squashed mine is although it was hard to see in image and was told it should be ok, just keep an eye on it.

kentraider
21-07-2012, 20:10
Fitted a 50mm rad to the 5 tonight an my bottom water hose is abit squashed where it goes on to the rad. as im an amature im worried the water wont flow properly? am i right? please help haha

if it worrys you you could move it over by an inch to give a bit more clearance.....

Nialle
21-07-2012, 21:01
None of this matters now as my head gasket went today so im having a big sulk and trying to decide what to do. rebuild my self or get the bank notes out? either of u rebuilt 1 before and how hard is it? i have a haynes which explains it but it sounds a little complicated. maybe jus drop a new engine in haha

r5_scotty
21-07-2012, 21:03
if you want an engine get in touch with mike from - gtturbospares.co.uk - his got alot in at the mo with different specs:agree:

andybond
21-07-2012, 22:05
None of this matters now as my head gasket went today so im having a big sulk and trying to decide what to do. rebuild my self or get the bank notes out? either of u rebuilt 1 before and how hard is it? i have a haynes which explains it but it sounds a little complicated. maybe jus drop a new engine in haha

It's big Lego. It's neither hard nor technically demanding. Read the Haynes. Ok of lies before you start. Read it again, then start the job.

chezzer85
21-07-2012, 22:11

Do it yourself, wish i had. Instead of paying top dolla for a sh1t job.