PDA

View Full Version : 5gtt o/s drive shaft

jamie_8
19-07-2012, 20:36
Could do with one of these asap, needs to be complete with C/V boots please.

If anyone's got one send me a pm with a price including postage, and I'll get back to you. :)

Nottswoody
19-07-2012, 22:43
Brand new off eBay not as expensive as you'd think

Alastair
20-07-2012, 06:43
Brand new off eBay not as expensive as you'd think

link?

Bigfoot
20-07-2012, 07:21
Those cheap ones I think are for non turbo even though they state for 1.4 turbo they also state for most of the other renault 5 range. But they are like under £20 delivered which seems a bit cheap as well.

Just looked at the description and none of them state they will fit the JB3 box

Romil Davda
20-07-2012, 07:49
Those cheap ones I think are for non turbo even though they state for 1.4 turbo they also state for most of the other renault 5 range. But they are like under £20 delivered which seems a bit cheap as well.

Just looked at the description and none of them state they will fit the JB3 box

:agree: Good point Dale... I remeber talking to Mike GTspares last week at Ace Cafe and he mentioned that campus driveshafts far too often get sold as GT Turbo ones! He advised to check the diameter size of the shaft as should not be thin!

Another dude (Sam) works for Eurocarparts and it was something like £35 odd pounds for one and something £'s for the other. He has ordered both sides and was going to check when they arrived (the size of the shaft).

Oh speak to Mike also, he has some in stock I think :)

Bigfoot
20-07-2012, 08:33
I had trouble sourcing some GT Turbo driveshafts last year, found them in the end, as for £35 inc vat im guessing that is a great price, unless its not GT Turbo though. If its plus vat then its around the sort of price we can sell them for if can find from one of the suppliers.

Logg
20-07-2012, 09:04
Dude I might have one in my box of spares you can have I'll check in a bit.

Chunk
20-07-2012, 09:46
Are they the same length as Clio 16v shafts? If so, I have some

GARY GRWTURBO
20-07-2012, 10:27
Could do with one of these asap, needs to be complete with C/V boots please.

If anyone's got one send me a pm with a price including postage, and I'll get back to you. :)

i have pair of gtturbo driveshafts totally complete £50 plus postage

GTphil
20-07-2012, 11:22
I ran my raider for years with the thinner campus drive shaft on the passenger side, car was making 160/180hp and was my daily at the time, and to be quite frank I spanked it everywhere and also did maybe 30 pod runs and it was fine, the only reason I changed it was because the boot split and someone gave me a gtt shaft with a good boot foc.

Bigfoot
20-07-2012, 12:53
I ran my raider for years with the thinner campus drive shaft on the passenger side, car was making 160/180hp and was my daily at the time, and to be quite frank I spanked it everywhere and also did maybe 30 pod runs and it was fine, the only reason I changed it was because the boot split and someone gave me a gtt shaft with a good boot foc.

The two different thickness was just down to the supplier of them, the non gt turbo are slightly different lengths