PDA

View Full Version : Important Info For Blyton-goers

D4WNO
19-07-2012, 11:05
Hi guys,

**PLEASE READ THIS, SOME IMPORTANT DETAILS ARE COVERED**

Well, we’re nearly there and there’s only ONE weekend left to finish off your cars. In traditional RTOC style I bet people will not only be working on their cars the night before, but also on the way stopping in service stations.

This post is just to clarify a few of the most frequently asked questions, and to add a little more detail.

HOW TO GET THERE
We cannot stress enough that you mustn’t enter the postcode of Blyton Raceway into your sat nav – It will not get you where you need to be. Instead, we suggest that when you navigate to the CENTRE of Blyton Village, and then take the B1205 to the entrance.

http://www.rtoc.org/files/Club%20files/Blyton%202012%20Directory/Blyton%20MAP.jpg

DB LEVELS
Blyton’s rule is that they measure statically (plus point) and allow up to 95dB at 20 meters from the car (meters not feet, this equates to 65 feet away!). This is estimated to be around 105-108dB if it were measured right next to the car. Blyton Park are very strict on this so if your car is measured and you fail, you won’t be allowed on track and refunds will not be given – this is entirely your own risk/decision.

FOOD
We are very lucky to have a food van on site for Friday evening and all of Saturday until late. Alternatively, if you wish to visit a supermarket, there is a Tesco in Gainsborough.

PETROL/CASH MACHINES
There is no petrol pump at Blyton so please come prepared with your tanks brimmed to save yourself a trip into Gainsborough. Feel free to bring your own jerry cans but you must store these yourselves, they are not to be kept in track buildings and must be safe and sealed.

INDEMNITY/INSURANCE
As always, those going on track will do so at their own risk. Blyton will ask you to sign their own indemnity form, as will RTOC also. All of this will be explained on the day at the morning briefing.

TICKETS
To save the club a little money and also to avoid the risk of loss, we’ve decided for those people whom have already paid for their tickets through the club shop, they will be put aside at the gate ready for collection – Please show proof of ID as your full name and address will be on the envelope they are kept in.

SHOW AND SHINE
For those wishing to take part in the Show and Shine competition details will be handed out on the gate detailing where to be and when.

HELMET HIRE
Blyton Park are able to hire out helmets for the day for a fee of £10 for those without a helmet or are unable to borrow one. EVERYONE on track must be wearing a lid, you will NOT be allowed on track without it.

PARTY TIME
We have hired a DJ who will be playing BIG TUUUUNES in the barn into the evening which should be awesome fun. David, who runs Blyton is now living in the new log cabin built near to the building so has politely asked that we leave the barn by midnight. He’s fine with us carrying on partying but we know how to have a good party in the field anyway **jazz hands**

SUNDAY
When do we have to roll out? We don’t!! There’s another track day happening on the Sunday so we are free to watch if we wish.

CAN I BUY SANTA POD TICKETS WHILST THERE?
Wow, how funny that you asked! Yes you can, they’ll be for sale in the club shop, £10 for entry only or £50 for track.

WHERE CAN I READ ABOUT THE TRACK?
I found this great link HERE (http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=98954), check it out -very useful

Mart
19-07-2012, 11:47
Just to add, for those that run V-Power, there's a Shell garage approx 10 miles away - Turn right at the track entrance/exit gates, follow the road, then turn right at the T-junction. Follow this road for ~9 miles, and the Shell garage is on the L.H.S

Mart
19-07-2012, 11:49
Dawn, what time are we allowed in on the Friday?

Coops
19-07-2012, 12:16
getting excited now!!!

think i'll be rocking up late on friday, our lass doesn't finish work till 7pm and i'm like 2 hours away!

Big Steve - Raider
19-07-2012, 14:17
Dawn, what time are we allowed in on the Friday?

Whenever you arrive. :niceone:

There's things happening at Blyton all weekend so you'll be fine.

Brigsy
19-07-2012, 14:44
I wonder if the van will pass the drive by noise limit, i got 98.6 at donnington on driveby :crap:

D4WNO
19-07-2012, 14:49
Sounds like it, Blyton do static testing so will be lower, plus they do it from 65 feet away :)

Coops
19-07-2012, 16:07
ai, Donington are pretty tight on their limits tbh, Blyton sounds more amenable

Ricardo
19-07-2012, 17:16
Awesome, the ol man lives in Ingham, a village about 10 miles away from Blyton:cool:

The route I'm looking to do is from the A1, onto the A46 towards Lincoln, then the A15. From the A15 is that B1205. I take that route every time I visit him :)

The new Bill J
19-07-2012, 17:21
I can't believe I'm going to miss my first 'National Day' since 2002 :cry:

I think the Olympics should be rearranged :laugh:

Big Steve - Raider
19-07-2012, 17:47

Not good enough Pallets!! :tuttut:

Get it sorted!!

The new Bill J
19-07-2012, 17:49
Not good enough Pallets!! :tuttut:

Get it sorted!!

It's your fault for organising it on the same day as the Olympic Cycling event :cooter:

:cry:

Big Steve - Raider
19-07-2012, 17:52
It's your fault for organising it on the same day as the Olympic Cycling event :cooter:

:cry:

They've got the team already Pallets, Chris Hoy's not going to give you a ring to see if you're free for a ride mate? :laugh:

Get your @rse to Blyton!

The new Bill J
19-07-2012, 17:56
They've got the team already Pallets, Chris Hoy's not going to give you a ring to see if you're free for a ride mate? :laugh:

Get your @rse to Blyton!

:laugh:

I was proper gutted when I saw that the events clashed, as they're the two I was looking forward to the most this year (Along with the Michelin Rally that isn't happening :rolleyes:).

The Olympics in the UK happens once in a lifetime. Even more so when it's within walking distance of my front door. Unfortunately, Blyton has come second :cry:

I wanted to put the Clio on track as well, but that'll have to wait :sad:

scott 5gtt
19-07-2012, 18:09
I wonder if the van will pass the drive by noise limit, i got 98.6 at donnington on driveby :crap:

Brigsy mate just stick some rock wool up the exhaust :p

Mart
19-07-2012, 18:17
Whenever you arrive. :niceone:

There's things happening at Blyton all weekend so you'll be fine.

:cool: What time you & Mrs T aiming to be there by?

Mart
19-07-2012, 18:19
I wanted to put the Clio on track as well...

http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/images/smilies/bs.gif

Big Steve - Raider
19-07-2012, 18:19
:cool: What time you & Mrs T aiming to be there by?

I'm planning on getting there early-ish doors as I'm towing the Cup (If I finish it), then "the wife" is going to drive up on the Friday night after work :niceone:

You guys?

Big Steve - Raider
19-07-2012, 18:20

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

FAIL!

Mart
19-07-2012, 18:21
Trying to blag the afternoon off work - If so, we'll be there mid-afternoon ish. If not, probably around 6pm.

The new Bill J
19-07-2012, 18:21

Oh look, the old mind-reader's off on one :boring:

Mart
19-07-2012, 18:23
Billy, there's more chance of Lord Lucan doing a lap of Blyton riding Shergar, than what there is of you putting a car on track :cooter: :D

The new Bill J
19-07-2012, 18:26
Billy, there's more chance of Lord Lucan doing a lap of Blyton riding Shergar, than what there is of you putting a car on track :cooter: :D

Well obviously, because I won't be there :rolleyes:

I will quite happily put that car on track. If you don't believe that - Your problem, not mine :upyours:

Big Steve - Raider
19-07-2012, 18:27

:laugh::laugh: You two are as bad as each other! I can remember you both not driving at previous ND's :cooter:

Mart
19-07-2012, 18:28
:cool:

:coffee:

D4WNO
23-07-2012, 22:18
Bumping this thread up, please make sure you are all familiar with it :agree:

Mart
23-07-2012, 22:41
Might be better in 'General Chat', given the lack of views in this section?

D4WNO
23-07-2012, 23:04
Good idea - Moving over now :agree:

D4WNO
25-07-2012, 23:12
Bump

jaffa
26-07-2012, 20:29

ha ha ha good.. just brigsy to get rid of now that'll just leave me with all the national days boxes ticked :laugh:

Mart
26-07-2012, 21:09
;)

D4WNO
27-07-2012, 09:05
Bump Up! :d