PDA

View Full Version : Wont hold 2nd

hickman
17-07-2012, 23:00
hi the problem i am having is when driving if i release the accelerator the gear stick jolts badly and if in second gear it pulls itself out into neutral but it doesnt happen in any other gears what should i do thanks im new to all this 5 stuff as only got mine a few months back i would appreicate any help thank you. And i can get the car into any gear its just second i have problem with:confused:

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
17-07-2012, 23:03
Engine mounts all ok, not split? and/or gear linkage needs adjusting.

Brigsy
17-07-2012, 23:04
Probably duff Gearbox mate, although check the engine isnt rocking all over the place i.e. knackered engine mounts. My old gtt done this for about 60k miles with a worn geabox, just hold it in 2nd:D

hickman
17-07-2012, 23:15
if it were to be engine mounts is this a difficult job?

Nottswoody
17-07-2012, 23:16
Has the gear selector rod been bottomed out and moved at all? Might need adjusting mine kept popping out of reverse.. Adjusted and all was well.

hickman
17-07-2012, 23:26
possibly as soon as i have chance ill get under her and take some pics if im unsure hopefully you guys can help me if i get stuck:)

Chunk
18-07-2012, 07:46
If it feels like it's selecting second nicely then as mentioned it could just be the engine mounts or the gearbox is about knackered

Wouldn't surprise me if it was the box as first and second always get the abuse

hickman
18-07-2012, 23:08
If it feels like it's selecting second nicely then as mentioned it could just be the engine mounts or the gearbox is about knackered

Wouldn't surprise me if it was the box as first and second always get the abuse

i was thinking the same mate it goes into second no problem and yeah 2nd will get alot of abuse compared to others thanks for help matey:)

hickman
24-07-2012, 22:53
Ye had a look today and I think it's a combination of abused gear box and perished rear mount