PDA

View Full Version : Audi TTS 2.0t 270bhp engine project, milton keynes

mike r5 gtt
17-07-2012, 22:38
i know there's a few guys on here who love a conversion so this may be of use to someone

i have an engine from a 2008 (58plate) Audi TTS. Its a 2.0 270bhp model which has covered 38k.

i bought this engine to fit to my kit car but health means i can now no longer finish it.

i bought the engine as spares/repairs.
i have stripped it and found that some amazing bright spark has fitted some of the cam followers upside down!!!!!!!!!!!!(three in total i think)
and this has caused the inlet cam to lock and snap the bolt that holds the chain sproket to the back of the exhaust cam, throwing the timing.

it has definitely bent two valves but i think thats it,
there is some scoring to the side of the heads but nothing too bad.
the main problem is the swarf from where the cam followers have rubbed have caused some markings on the cams.

i was planning on some head work, new valves and cams anyway but local engineer has said the cams should clean up ok if you wanted to re-use them?

the bottom end is still complete apart from the sump gasket.
there is a very small marking on one piston from the bent valves but there is no play in any of them.
i havnt stripped/checked the crank/shells etc but id imagine a polish and new shells would be a good idea due to the swarf

i also have the inlet manifold with injectors,rail, throttle body, engine mounts, pulleys, thermostat+housing and a few other bits and bobs

i just thought someone might fancy a challenge before i scrap it :agree::agree:

i have loads of pics if needed/wanted

guess its only worth scrap value really

Duncan Grier
18-07-2012, 06:17
Pm :-)

DG

GARY GRWTURBO
19-07-2012, 10:18
i know there's a few guys on here who love a conversion so this may be of use to someone

i have an engine from a 2008 (58plate) Audi TTS. Its a 2.0 270bhp model which has covered 38k.

i bought this engine to fit to my kit car but health means i can now no longer finish it.

i bought the engine as spares/repairs.
i have stripped it and found that some amazing bright spark has fitted some of the cam followers upside down!!!!!!!!!!!!(three in total i think)
and this has caused the inlet cam to lock and snap the bolt that holds the chain sproket to the back of the exhaust cam, throwing the timing.

it has definitely bent two valves but i think thats it,
there is some scoring to the side of the heads but nothing too bad.
the main problem is the swarf from where the cam followers have rubbed have caused some markings on the cams.

i was planning on some head work, new valves and cams anyway but local engineer has said the cams should clean up ok if you wanted to re-use them?

the bottom end is still complete apart from the sump gasket.
there is a very small marking on one piston from the bent valves but there is no play in any of them.
i havnt stripped/checked the crank/shells etc but id imagine a polish and new shells would be a good idea due to the swarf

i also have the inlet manifold with injectors,rail, throttle body, engine mounts, pulleys, thermostat+housing and a few other bits and bobs

i just thought someone might fancy a challenge before i scrap it :agree::agree:

i have loads of pics if needed/wanted

guess its only worth scrap value really

Hi mate im interested if still got?
give us a pm mate

mike r5 gtt
27-07-2012, 19:28
sold