PDA

View Full Version : Probs after rebuild

Muzza
16-07-2012, 22:41
Hi folks just after rebuild and can't get the big lady to run right. Everything is standard apart from the cam, cup mod standard carb. It seems to be out on the timing I think. It's back firing like mad. Put the timing light on cylinder 1 and it was no where near close was showing one off the clutch bolts when it flashed. so got that sorted but still not right! Any suggestions would really help getting proper f^^^^d off with it really want to take it for a blast and see why there so special!! :mad:

markey b
17-07-2012, 00:07
Hi folks just after rebuild and can't get the big lady to run right. Everything is standard apart from the cam, cup mod standard carb. It seems to be out on the timing I think. It's back firing like mad. Put the timing light on cylinder 1 and it was no where near close was showing one off the clutch bolts when it flashed. so got that sorted but still not right! Any suggestions would really help getting proper f^^^^d off with it really want to take it for a blast and see why there so special!! :mad:

are your HT leads on correct way round? i always count cyl one as nearest the flywheel, then on the dizzy 1 is 6o'clock, 2 is 3o'clock, 4 is 12o'clock and 3 is 9o'clock.

try swapping 1-4 and 2-3 and see if it fires, if it does u know its 180deg out. have heard sometimes haynes is wrong way around when fitting dizzy drive gear

Muzza
18-07-2012, 10:30
checked the leads all ok found the prob its getting far to much fuel pressure. the fuel is just running through the carb. what fuel pressure should i have on tick over at the carb does anyone no??? thanks

markey b
18-07-2012, 10:50
4psi above boost pressure rings a bell?

Brigsy
18-07-2012, 11:12
4 psi idle & 4psi above carb top boost pressure when foot down. Check your needle valve is sealing ok

Muzza
18-07-2012, 13:36
4 psi idle & 4psi above carb top boost pressure when foot down. Check your needle valve is sealing ok

good job wil check that the night and see whats going on!! cheers:agree::agree:

Muzza
18-07-2012, 21:10
Ok checked fuel pressure 100% 4 psi at carb. Has anyone ever seen the fuel when the car is running running out of the ventri and if I take the idle (air) valve out fuel runs out and the car still goes! Have swapped carbs so wats the chances of having 2 faulty carbs??? Any ideas