PDA

View Full Version : Where to put under bonnet trigger for alarm

djinuk
16-07-2012, 09:39
Just wondering where people tend to install the plunger under the bonnet for the alarm, obviously it wants to be hard for a thief to block.

Nottswoody
16-07-2012, 09:45
I'm not sayin mine is there lol but I would put it on next to the catch it's the tightest place to being closed..

Bigfoot
16-07-2012, 09:54
In practice its the easiest place to put the trigger but when you think how they are going to break into the bonnet its not going to be on the catch in the centre as thats the strongest point. Its either going to be either side at the back or right at the front.

GTphil
16-07-2012, 10:39
Shame you can't wire in more switches, all four corners would be best, failing that with only one switch I would put it half way down the drivers side.

I once caught some scum bags with my bonnet up, they smashed the passenger side window and just opened it, but one of my mates cars was once half nicked (they only made it 500m down the road) and they lifted up the corner of the bonnet where the battery is, obviously because the thickos couldn't figure out how to actually open the bonnet

Phoenix Autosport
16-07-2012, 12:30
Shame you can't wire in more switches
you can put in as many as you like just join all the connections together so if any one is triggered it sets off the alarm ;)