PDA

View Full Version : Selling stuff.

rainey_y2k
16-07-2012, 00:21
Alright lads and lasses.

Im currently looking at ways of saving up for my 5 and im working 6 days a week, teaching 2 break dance classes and still cant seem to save it fast enough!

So i was thinking of selling car stuff on here.

My question ( probably for the mods) before i get a slap on the wrist is, where do i stand on selling stuff like car shampoo, air fresheners, wax etc?

I've got a couple of friends that work in admin roles for suppliers so could get bulk fairly cheap and would like to pass them on to you boys at decent prices so i can make a few quid to put towards my 5.

Any advice would be quality!

Cheers. James.

Mart
16-07-2012, 00:58
You could set up a stall at ND, flog said gear you can get hold of, and make some moolah that way?

If you decide to sell on here, you might have to take on board a 'trader' tag/status...unless you can offer the club a great deal on the products, whereby the gear could then be sold via our shop ;) :agree:

rainey_y2k
16-07-2012, 22:12
You could set up a stall at ND, flog said gear you can get hold of, and make some moolah that way?

If you decide to sell on here, you might have to take on board a 'trader' tag/status...unless you can offer the club a great deal on the products, whereby the gear could then be sold via our shop ;) :agree:

Would love to set up a stall but Im getting married that weekend!

Thats great! Right let me get on it. Had a few emails back and forth. Trying to work out a deal with magic trees air fresheners to start off with. Just want to test the water with something simple first.

Out of Interest would people be interested in Magic tree air fresheners if i could get us a decent discount?

thanks for the advice Mart.

SirSamuelOfBuca
17-07-2012, 09:48
why not set up a shop on ebay?

rainey_y2k
18-07-2012, 00:33

Good idea! Was just gauging interest here first as i dont want to waste the first 200 quid i have managed to save!

Cheers for the encouragement though. Dying to get a five back on the road!

Phoenix Autosport
18-07-2012, 00:58
by the time you have paid fees, paypal and post (which you will be expected to offer for free) you wont make any profit on low price items these days, then you have all the ball ache of their rules and getting slated on detailed seller ratings over items costing a few pence (remember if you get blocked from selling for a couple of low ratings it means you are banned from selling on ebay for life) , much better off stocking up on stuff then going to shows / markets / big car boot sales where its all cash and no fees or post costs

rainey_y2k
22-07-2012, 00:50
by the time you have paid fees, paypal and post (which you will be expected to offer for free) you wont make any profit on low price items these days, then you have all the ball ache of their rules and getting slated on detailed seller ratings over items costing a few pence (remember if you get blocked from selling for a couple of low ratings it means you are banned from selling on ebay for life) , much better off stocking up on stuff then going to shows / markets / big car boot sales where its all cash and no fees or post costs

Thats really helpful cheers dude. I havent set up an ebay account yet so this is useful to know. Thanks buddy:agree: