PDA

View Full Version : Renault 5 plipper

Chunk
09-07-2012, 11:09
I've got an F plate 5 turbo but only have standard keys to open the doors. Turning the door locks operates the central locking.

I've got an I/R receiver in the roof so I presume I should have a plipper to operate the central locking.

If someone was to provide me with a plipper key and a receiver, is this all you need to change on a 5 to get it working?

I know it's more involved than that on the Clios due to the immobiliser but hoping I can get it working on the old 5 :)

markey b
09-07-2012, 12:06
I've got an F plate 5 turbo but only have standard keys to open the doors. Turning the door locks operates the central locking.

I've got an I/R receiver in the roof so I presume I should have a plipper to operate the central locking.

If someone was to provide me with a plipper key and a receiver, is this all you need to change on a 5 to get it working?

I know it's more involved than that on the Clios due to the immobiliser but hoping I can get it working on the old 5 :)

best bet is get a clio reciever and key, and get a blank clio blade cut to the 5 key so you actually have a plip key, may upset the OE purists but saves having an extra fob

chezzer85
09-07-2012, 12:26

5 Turbo or 5 GT Turbo? Sorry i'm just been anal. But theres a big difference

Chunk
09-07-2012, 13:05
Um... whats the difference?

Mine's a GT Turbo

Good idea with the clio plipper as they're fairly easy to find. Do you know if they work if you plug them in?

Brigsy
09-07-2012, 13:07
Just plug and play mate, early clio's or gtt, the gt plips are hard to find thou!

Chunk
09-07-2012, 13:24
No worries i'll get one from the clio boys.

chezzer85
09-07-2012, 14:19
Um... whats the difference?

Mine's a GT Turbo

Good idea with the clio plipper as they're fairly easy to find. Do you know if they work if you plug them in?

Whats the differance? about £30,000

I've got the same issue with my GT Turbo though, so also going to follow up on that advice.

The new Bill J
09-07-2012, 14:26
5 Turbo or 5 GT Turbo? Sorry i'm just been anal. But theres a big difference

You're not allowed to ask that question on here, because it upsets people.

Sorry, I'll rephrase that: I'M not allowed to ask that question on here :laugh:

chezzer85
09-07-2012, 18:28
:laugh: Sorry didn't mean to upset anyone, anyway here's some basic info on the RENAULT 5 TURBO: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renault_5_Turbo

Quite different to the Renault 5 GT Turbo

Chunk
16-07-2012, 08:22
Ah yeah I see now!

I've got a plipper and receiver in my MK1 Clio 16v which is a Phase 2 (N plate), so i'll try those and see if they work...