PDA

View Full Version : solex 32 DIS carb

Nialle
08-07-2012, 22:39
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hey i cleaned my carb out over the weekend using the service 1 of the service kits available, now have two small problems,
1 i cant use my choke, wen the choke is pulled out the car judders and dies however she does start if i jus rev her while turning ignition
2 when coming to a stop at lights the car starts to die and i have to rev it and then it will idle fine
really cant make sense of it. any ideas?

jamie_clioGTT
08-07-2012, 22:40
check your mixture screw is in properly and not snapped of etc

Nialle
08-07-2012, 22:48
I replaced the mixture screw wound it all the way in then 2.5 turns out, i was told that was the correct setting?

jamie_clioGTT
08-07-2012, 23:05
thats like a factory setting so its a good place to start with them... if youve wound it all the way in there is a chance it has snapped.. whip your carb off and check the hole is not blocked. would be my first port of call.

Nialle
08-07-2012, 23:13
Ok ill have a look tomorow, could i not just take screw out and uf part of it is missing i know its broke? saves me taking bloody thing off lol

Eugein Offord
09-07-2012, 18:43
on the side of the carb body there is an idle jet.... which is very small and held in place by penny sized screw head...and after any cleaning or adjustment of the carb , can become blocked of obstructed by a very small piece of dirt.. simply remove the jet with a flat bladed screwdriver and blow / clean it out.. you may have to do this several times , removing and refitting each time, its common and will clear to run normally....

Nialle
09-07-2012, 23:41
Its not the idle valve or the mixture screw unfortunatly because the are easily fixed, something to do with accelerator pump rod not being set right i think, cant realy be anything else can it?

jamie_clioGTT
10-07-2012, 00:01
the rod is just for secondary jet.. so for boost it should idle fine without it... i think..

Nialle
10-07-2012, 06:27
Gna have another mess with it tonight, ill post back how it goes lol, its realy starting to frustrate me haha