PDA

View Full Version : Side Repeater Holes

markg
05-07-2012, 19:48
Can someone do me a favor and measure where the side repeater holes should be on the wings. New wings don't come with the holes so I need to cut my own therefore need the measurements. A diagram would be great of the hole as well. I stupidly went down the GT Tuning route many years ago and had Merc repeaters fitted so cant simply copy my old wings.

Cheers
Mark

gttjames
05-07-2012, 20:50
Dont fit them, looks better without.

Im sure the 5 gets away with it as it has sort of wrap around front indicators

Adey aka Ewok
05-07-2012, 20:52
my old leccy blue didnt have them after it had new wings, never got questioned at mot time, its sorta of an age where it might not of had them so usually gets through. plus it looks good without them :agree:

markg
03-08-2012, 13:04
Is anyone able to help with a diagram and measurements for the side repeater holes. Appreciate what people are saying about not fitting them but personally going OE on the outside so want to put them back on.

Thanks
Mark

markey b
03-08-2012, 13:39
must have them from 1986 onwards

mine doesn't have them so can't measure, but i do know that you will need a square hole with smaller round ones either side

Chunk
03-08-2012, 13:52
I'll take some pics for you when i get my 5 back in a few days if nobody else has sorted you by then

markg
03-08-2012, 14:27
Thanks very much. I need to give this info to the bodyshop so they can crack on with the painting.

Cheers
Mark

paul b
04-08-2012, 01:14
most bodyshops use the same "old skool" technique so no idea why they haven't advised you this already.

put masking tape over the old wing covering the repeater hole....they rub it hard with a dirty finger to mark the hole and edge of the wing, peel off carefully and place onto new wing using marks to line up with wing edge... use dirty mark as a template to cut new hole in new wing...use the repeater to make the template and make them the same both sides....even without measurements you#ll be within 1/2 inch just guessing by eye...

this is from an old but wise head :ashamed:

markg
07-08-2012, 22:33
most bodyshops use the same "old skool" technique so no idea why they haven't advised you this already.

put masking tape over the old wing covering the repeater hole....they rub it hard with a dirty finger to mark the hole and edge of the wing, peel off carefully and place onto new wing using marks to line up with wing edge... use dirty mark as a template to cut new hole in new wing...use the repeater to make the template and make them the same both sides....even without measurements you#ll be within 1/2 inch just guessing by eye...

this is from an old but wise head :ashamed:

That would work Paul except the old wings have had been cut to take different repeaters. Still need a template if anyone can help. Cheers