PDA

View Full Version : what do i do?

gardner51
05-07-2012, 08:42
Rite... I had my car on the rollers over 3 weeks ago, ran 190hp but was lean on top end, the bloke said he can sort this out ect. So I returned the car back their a few days later, It's been over 3 weeks now and its now runing more boost then when it went their, and I have gained 9 Hp,

In the first week they found a blocked fuel filter, so put a new one on,

Following week they found something wrong with a needle in the carb. so changed that over also found a boost leak from where the choke had been removed..

This week their saying theirs a low down missfire and its.getting spark blow.. so new cap and leads on their way

Now I'm getting really f'ed off with this company, I have read a lot on how easy it is to get them set up nearly rite. Drill out second stage ect,

I'm tempted to just go get the car back. Get myself a afr gauge and try myself or get someone of here to help me out n pay them...

What do I do? They never ring me back when they say they will. The other person who answers the phone cant tell me much as he dosnt no the answers to my questions,

Ellz

Penfold aka The Dealer
05-07-2012, 08:50
Itold you matt@coderedmotorsports is local to you and knows how to set these cars up...

BluntyR5GTT
05-07-2012, 08:54
Personally id get the car back and eithetr sort it yourself or get one of the very capable members off here to help you.

philg
05-07-2012, 09:01
Afr gauge would have been my first move, are you really going to trust a company who say "yeah mate fueling is spot on" and leave it to chance. Have a word with chris at efi they are about £150 for peace of mind.

I would have also taken it somewhere that was club connected and recommended :agree:

gardner51
05-07-2012, 09:06
Itold you matt@coderedmotorsports is local to you and knows how to set these cars up...

I did send him a pm mate.

Alex
05-07-2012, 09:10
What Blunty said. They really don't sound like they know what they're doing..... :rolleyes:

gardner51
05-07-2012, 09:23
Cheers. Yh ill be going their after work and taking the car away aslong as it still runs! But what do i do about money? I ow them for parts what if he says u ow x anount n its alot lol. Do I have to pay them?
Ellz

Nottswoody
05-07-2012, 09:46
Never take these cars to your everyday garages there are plenty of helpfull members to resolve any issues.. Just go on recommendations from other members they can't be wrong if there gives are running right.. Just my view..

gardner51
05-07-2012, 10:44
It's not a every day garage. They are a tuning company. And work alot with old classic minis ect.

But I will not be going back their.

Ellz

Nottswoody
05-07-2012, 16:33
I'm not being funny but as you said they work with minis.. Not 5s.. Iv learnt my lesson just as you have along the way read all posts on here and go on as many successfull recommendations as you can from members and you can't go wrong.. Perhaps put up an add saying what work is needed and the members will help you out.. Some really great guys on here. But as I say mate go on successfull recommendations only..

markey b
05-07-2012, 16:58
i get spark blow on anything other than iriduim plugs, if that helps