PDA

View Full Version : Anybody work for 02

Penfold aka The Dealer
04-07-2012, 21:25
I am in need of help/advise

I purchased a 2nd hand iphone 4s recently, its locked on the 02 network, now i have been to the shops in town about getting it unlocked.... Not that easy, has to go thru 02/apple.

As i am not the owner of the phone (was a contract phone before) it needs to be unlocked by the previous owner... Have requested this... Fingers crossed it wont be a problem...

But if it is, anybody work for 02 who could help?..

robbie506
04-07-2012, 22:52
I am in need of help/advise

I purchased a 2nd hand iphone 4s recently, its locked on the 02 network, now i have been to the shops in town about getting it unlocked.... Not that easy, has to go thru 02/apple.

As i am not the owner of the phone (was a contract phone before) it needs to be unlocked by the previous owner... Have requested this... Fingers crossed it wont be a problem...

But if it is, anybody work for 02 who could help?..

Easy way is to get an o2 pre pay sim card through it in the phone and top it up with £20 make a few calls and texts over a couple days and this registers the sim to the imei of that phone make sure you leave £15 credit on the phone then fill in this online form

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

takes about 48 hours then you will get a text and the phone is unlocked

so cost £20 but at least its done :)

hope this helps

Phoenix Autosport
05-07-2012, 02:08
will it work on a contract o2 phone if the contract period has expired ? had my 3gs over 2 years and want to change network

robbie506
05-07-2012, 08:45
will it work on a contract o2 phone if the contract period has expired ? had my 3gs over 2 years and want to change network

yeah just put the pre pay sim in works on any one even if its a new contract new phone ect

Penfold aka The Dealer
05-07-2012, 08:49
Cheers robbie... :agree:

robbie506
05-07-2012, 10:56
Cheers robbie... :agree:

happy days

DaveMayGTT
05-07-2012, 11:02

At the end of a contract they have to give you the unlock code if you request it so just phone them up.