PDA

View Full Version : VNT and external wastegate + MSM bleed valve

markey b
04-07-2012, 13:45
random one, how would be best to hook up an MSM VNT and external wastegate to an MSM bleed valve?

would i split after the bleed and share between VNT actuator and wastegate? also whats the best way to pipe up the wastegate? it has a lower and a top vac union on the diaphragm bit

sorry for silly questions but i'm having a mental block

Dave Reed
04-07-2012, 20:09
I'm pretty sure you can't run a external gate on a vnt.. I'm probably wrong as I no f'all about them, just what I've been told.

UnstableCable
04-07-2012, 21:23
I ran a vnt on a external wastegate but had to run 2 seperate pipes from the carb to each.
Think the problem is that the vnt needs a feed to operate properly and where as with a normal turbo it dosn't. And you cant stop the vnt operating its wastegate or what it does when it reaches it set boost pressure. So you can have your external wastegate set to 20psi but if your vnt is set to 14psi the external waste gate wont operate! Make sense :scratch:

So in fact I think i ended up setting the external waste gate to as close to 14 psi as I could but under it so it opened marginally before the vnt dumped its pressure, this then helps controlling spikes that you get with vnts!

So straight feed from carb to vnt and feed with bleed valve to top port on external wastegate. Leave the bottom port open!

Hope that helps!

markey b
05-07-2012, 12:24
awesome thank you :)