PDA

View Full Version : Car won't start... Help please...

Leigh
04-12-2008, 21:06
Wondering if you could help us out, my mate has just bought a Reno 5 GT and for some reason the choke flap has been removed ( weve now found out ). The car will not start on cold mornings due to this, is there anything we can do as weve not got a choke flap to put back and what is the pro's to having it removed.

Thanks Leigh

markey b
04-12-2008, 21:08
its a restriction in the carb... mine and my bro's dont have them, and they both start ok... sometimes peope forget ya can't just turn the key and go back inside whilst they warm up.

pump pedal couple of times before ya turn the key and shouldn't have any issues, if it still doesn't start it may be something more sinister

samb5
04-12-2008, 21:09
ur fairly local to me, come over an get one if u want... i got a box of carbs so u can remove one from them.. no charge :)

Brigsy
04-12-2008, 21:24
Choke flap shouldnt affect starting too much, Ive ran without one for years & had no problems.

Give it a bit of throttle to start it. On mine ive kept the choke cable & cam for fast idle, to help keep the engine running when cold.

Leigh
05-12-2008, 09:15
its a restriction in the carb... mine and my bro's dont have them, and they both start ok... sometimes peope forget ya can't just turn the key and go back inside whilst they warm up.

pump pedal couple of times before ya turn the key and shouldn't have any issues, if it still doesn't start it may be something more sinister

Thats how i start mine pump the pedal a few times and normally fires straight away, but this one wont have any of it at all. Its been fine all the way upto this cold snap weve had. Will try myself over the weekend :D

BriC
05-12-2008, 09:37
I also had no choke flap on my GTT. I don't have the car on the road at the moment, as it's being painted, but I bought it in Jan, and it was fine through the cold weather.

Amber5GTTurb
05-12-2008, 09:51
Maybe check there's nothing else missing - I had the choke flap removed and had the same problem but found out a few bits had been taken off/messed about with?