PDA

View Full Version : Speedo sensor

chris
01-07-2012, 17:25
Hi guys i need a really big favour, i am struggling with my speedo cable sensor, i can see where it goes between rear gearbox mount, the trouble is that its really loose in the hole and i have a little allen key bolt and a little forked bracket ,but cant see how it goes has anyone please got a close up pic of theres so i can see whats wrong would be really grateful thanks in advance

SirSamuelOfBuca
01-07-2012, 18:37
Don't you have to undo bolt take bracket off push cable in then put bracket bolt bk on?

I didn't get it at first tbh.

No pic sorry

R5MJH
01-07-2012, 18:49
They are a nightmare to do last time I did one I took out starter it was still differcult then to get the bolt back in.

chris
01-07-2012, 19:40
yea it didnt have a speedo cable when i got it cos it was being robbed for bits to make a good one but i just cant see why the sensor is so loose in the hole and i cant make sense of how its held in and the haynes manual is terrible

R5MJH
01-07-2012, 19:50
tbh mate the sensor just sits in the hole and the u piece of metal slides into the sensor and then the allan bolt holds into gearbox boss, sometimes the top part of this sensor breaks and then obviously the metal aint doing much

chris
01-07-2012, 19:59
tbh mate the sensor just sits in the hole and the u piece of metal slides into the sensor and then the allan bolt holds into gearbox boss, sometimes the top part of this sensor breaks and then obviously the metal aint doing much

yea the sensor is ok but i cant see where the bolt goes that holds it in little things get so annoying lol

R5MJH
01-07-2012, 20:13
yea the sensor is ok but i cant see where the bolt goes that holds it in little things get so annoying lol
if you can feel the sensor the bolt hole is at about 9 o clock directly next to it towards the bulkhead mate

chris
01-07-2012, 21:44
ok will try again tommorow thanks for the help lads

LiamR
01-07-2012, 23:17
I have a spare gearbox in my garage with the speedo sensor still attached.

Would a pic tomorrow be any help?

THE MASTER
02-07-2012, 11:34
it dont just slide in there is a peg that sticks out and locates in a slot that in the gearbox . rotate it so the peg locates .

if its flpping aroung you could be missing the O ring that seals it :)

chris
02-07-2012, 13:18
I have a spare gearbox in my garage with the speedo sensor still attached.

Would a pic tomorrow be any help?

Yea would be a big help thank you

LiamR
03-07-2012, 19:17
Sorry - I have been a bit useless and forgot to take your pic.

Ill do it for you first thing tomorrow-unless you need it desperately tonight?