PDA

View Full Version : Glacier White 1990 Phase 2 1.4 GTT - £2000 ono - Bristol

Judder
01-07-2012, 12:19
The time has come after nearly 14 years of ownership (Oct 1998) for my R5 GTT to go onto pastures new. I have been a member of the club all this time and have kept all receipts and have tried to look after the car without being OTT. It is difficult to justify owning and running 3 cars.

Renault 5 GT Turbo, Glacier White, 1990 'H' Reg

197k miles (77k when I bought it)
MOT - March 2013
Tax - August 2012

Documented history and documented maintenance since I've owned the car.

Fully standard apart from 3.5" Scorpion Stainless Steel Exhaust and 13 PSI boost (running at this level for over 10 years) with piston dump valve (yeah I thought it was cool in my mid twenties!)
The sills were replaced a few years back and it has just had 2 new rear brakes, pads and bearings for the MOT.

Good points
Overall a good car with good standard interior/exterior and has been looked after over the 14 years I have had it. No blue smoke whatsoever. Driven regularly and serviced every 6000 miles. Given me pleasure/fun over the years. Immobiliser.

Bad points
Idles a little lumpy due to incorrect jet being fitted on rolling road set up, easily sorted but I have just got used to it all these years. Driver seat bolsters worn, hence seat cover, Minor oil leak (a couple of drips after a long journey), again it has been like this since I have owned it!! and the passenger window works but a little noisy. Fuel tank could do with replacing. A few other points but after all the car is nearly 22 years old. Overall, more good points than bad points.

£2000 ono.

The car is in the Bristol area and hopefully it can be sold onto another club member who will look after the car and have fun with it.

Please no tyre kickers, only genuine interested buyers welcomed.

More pictures can be seen on my profile.

SirSamuelOfBuca
02-07-2012, 10:11
looks tidy mate :)

Judder
12-08-2012, 19:31
Price Reduced.

the Time Has Come After Nearly 14 Years Of Ownership (oct 1998) For My R5 Gtt To Go Onto Pastures New. I Have Been A Member Of The Club All This Time And Have Kept All Receipts And Have Tried To Look After The Car Without Being Ott. It Is Difficult To Justify Owning And Running 3 Cars.

renault 5 Gt Turbo, Glacier White, 1990 'h' Reg

197k Miles (77k When I Bought It)
mot - March 2013
tax - August 2012

documented History And Documented Maintenance Since I've Owned The Car.

fully Standard Apart From 3.5" Scorpion Stainless Steel Exhaust And 13 Psi Boost (running At This Level For Over 10 Years) With Piston Dump Valve (yeah I Thought It Was Cool In My Mid Twenties!)
the Sills Were Replaced A Few Years Back And It Has Just Had 2 New Rear Brakes, Pads And Bearings For The Mot.

good Points
overall A Good Car With Good Standard Interior/exterior And Has Been Looked After Over The 14 Years I Have Had It. No Blue Smoke Whatsoever. Driven Regularly And Serviced Every 6000 Miles. Given Me Pleasure/fun Over The Years. Immobiliser.

bad Points
idles A Little Lumpy Due To Incorrect Jet Being Fitted On Rolling Road Set Up, Easily Sorted But I Have Just Got Used To It All These Years. Driver Seat Bolsters Worn, Hence Seat Cover, Minor Oil Leak (a Couple Of Drips After A Long Journey), Again It Has Been Like This Since I Have Owned It!! And The Passenger Window Works But A Little Noisy. Fuel Tank Could Do With Replacing. A Few Other Points But After All The Car Is Nearly 22 Years Old. Overall, More Good Points Than Bad Points.

£2000 Ono.

the Car Is In The Bristol Area And Hopefully It Can Be Sold Onto Another Club Member Who Will Look After The Car And Have Fun With It.

please No Tyre Kickers, Only Genuine Interested Buyers Welcomed.

More Pictures Can Be Seen On My Profile.

Brigsy
13-08-2012, 00:13
Looks sweet mate! Is that 197k on orininal engine/box? Glws

madeinwigan
13-08-2012, 12:34
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

This car might be a good car for me. I've sent you a pm. Not sure it will get to you, with me being a new member, let me know if it doesn't.

Judder
13-08-2012, 12:46
Looks sweet mate! Is that 197k on orininal engine/box? Glws
Original Engine and Original gearbox. Looked after I guess......

Judder
13-08-2012, 19:46
Sold...........deposit Taken.

the Time Has Come After Nearly 14 Years Of Ownership (oct 1998) For My R5 Gtt To Go Onto Pastures New. I Have Been A Member Of The Club All This Time And Have Kept All Receipts And Have Tried To Look After The Car Without Being Ott. It Is Difficult To Justify Owning And Running 3 Cars.

renault 5 Gt Turbo, Glacier White, 1990 'h' Reg

197k Miles (77k When I Bought It)
mot - March 2013
tax - August 2012

documented History And Documented Maintenance Since I've Owned The Car.

fully Standard Apart From 3.5" Scorpion Stainless Steel Exhaust And 13 Psi Boost (running At This Level For Over 10 Years) With Piston Dump Valve (yeah I Thought It Was Cool In My Mid Twenties!)
the Sills Were Replaced A Few Years Back And It Has Just Had 2 New Rear Brakes, Pads And Bearings For The Mot.

good Points
overall A Good Car With Good Standard Interior/exterior And Has Been Looked After Over The 14 Years I Have Had It. No Blue Smoke Whatsoever. Driven Regularly And Serviced Every 6000 Miles. Given Me Pleasure/fun Over The Years. Immobiliser.

bad Points
idles A Little Lumpy Due To Incorrect Jet Being Fitted On Rolling Road Set Up, Easily Sorted But I Have Just Got Used To It All These Years. Driver Seat Bolsters Worn, Hence Seat Cover, Minor Oil Leak (a Couple Of Drips After A Long Journey), Again It Has Been Like This Since I Have Owned It!! And The Passenger Window Works But A Little Noisy. Fuel Tank Could Do With Replacing. A Few Other Points But After All The Car Is Nearly 22 Years Old. Overall, More Good Points Than Bad Points.

£2000 Ono.

the Car Is In The Bristol Area And Hopefully It Can Be Sold Onto Another Club Member Who Will Look After The Car And Have Fun With It.

please No Tyre Kickers, Only Genuine Interested Buyers Welcomed.

More Pictures Can Be Seen On My Profile.

Judder
20-08-2012, 22:24
Sold...........deposit Taken.

SOLD