PDA

View Full Version : how much is it worth?

Adey aka Ewok
24-06-2012, 20:37
hi all rtoc folk, i have found a Renault 5 that needs saving really. I need a guide price as to what its worth though. The car is a 2 owner raider, looks very straight and even though it hasn't been started in over a year she fired up on choke. It sits on 75k and has a massive wallet of history but has been left to the elements. It defo needs some work and it will have no interior if i buy it.

It needs

inner and outer sills on both sides so probably jacking points too
rear bumper mounts are no longer there
rot has just started to come through at the side of the rear arches to the boot space
doors are dropped
will need to have one wing and the boot painted

on top of that it will need new rubber all round and more than likely all new brakes as well as full interior

its actually one of the cleanest gt turbos ive seen though the rest has gone to pot.

So as a ruff price what would you be offering for this sort of car?

Matt@CodeRedMotorsports
24-06-2012, 20:41
£150 as it is.

Break it for parts? seems to be the trend at the moment.

SirSamuelOfBuca
24-06-2012, 20:43
A sorted raider goes for 3kmin so take the amount it's gonna cost to bring it up to scratch off that IMO.

gtmatt
24-06-2012, 21:24
£150 as it is.

Break it for parts? seems to be the trend at the moment.

They don't go for that anymore people know what they are worth ,you see ones on eBay go for so much rotted away

gtmatt
24-06-2012, 21:25
£300 IMO max

djinuk
24-06-2012, 22:22
If its all there bar the interior and its a runner id say go as high as £800..

Its better to having somthing thats rotton but hasnt been bodged.. than somthing thats been bodged to high hell and will require even more work!.

Alan
24-06-2012, 22:41
You gonna have to search hard for a decent interior though.

chris
24-06-2012, 22:51
If your doing it to make money or to get back what you spend then i would say dont bother but if your doing it for the challange and for the enjoyment then theres nothing like doin it your self and bringing the car back to life i bought mine for 700 pound and have spent over 5 grand on a car thats worth only 3 grand when its done and i aint had it painted yet just depends what your doing it for

dangerous dave
24-06-2012, 23:37
mine was stripped when i got it and looked solid, yet needed welding.. this looks rotten so will need what you can see and what you cant..

its worthless, a money pit.. pay what you want but dont go mad you'll need all the money you can get to fix it..

phase i 16 v turbo
25-06-2012, 09:05
Does it have the correct rear window, stereo etc? All the items that are worth money and make it a Raider? As these items are getting hard to find.

Adey aka Ewok
25-06-2012, 10:21
Doesn't say raider in the window, has an old stereo in but not sure what the raider one is like?

phase i 16 v turbo
25-06-2012, 12:00
Doesn't say raider in the window, has an old stereo in but not sure what the raider one is like?

Philps

Adey aka Ewok
29-06-2012, 15:28
its more for a project, get it back on the road in good condition but i dont plan to sell it anytime soon. looks like i have sorted a deal with the owner so next is for me to borrow a trailer and get it home :agree:

sirrom666
25-07-2012, 01:55
First post!

Just a quick one on the subject of raiders. How much would a finished minter be worth, i'm talking better then factory rebuilt, concourse mint, original spec, as close to perfect a you could get?

Big Steve - Raider
25-07-2012, 04:34
First post!

Just a quick one on the subject of raiders. How much would a finished minter be worth, i'm talking better then factory rebuilt, concourse mint, original spec, as close to perfect a you could get?

Welcome to the club! :niceone:

Bigfoot & I both have very original Raiders.

Pricing always depends on how much somebody wants to pay for it, not what you or I think it's worth.

The generally accepted price for a good condition OE car sold by a private seller seems to be somewhere about 3 - 5K.

However 4Star Classics have recently sold a very original & good condition. 5GTT for circa £12K! :eek:

You have such a car then or wondering if it's worth the investment into one to try & turn it into a mint original example?

Word of warning to you though, sourcing new parts is becoming harder and harder as the years pass so you will struggle to obtain many original parts now such as Grille's & Gearknobs.

You should come down to our 2012 Festival this Saturday being held at Blyton Park to see some very original examples of a 5GTT. ;)

GTphil
25-07-2012, 07:30
"original examples" :coffee:

How time changes, when I joined this club in 2004 it was all about "hybrids" "boost" and "spec sheets" :laugh:

And still is for me! I feel like one of those blokes who still wears the same jeans from back when he was 21!

How much of the o.e factor is down to the fact that they are actually starting to be worth some money nowadays and the fact that a lot of parts are no longer available, or have Rolls Royce price tags!

I'm actually amazed that these cars are becoming "investments" :eek:

Who knows what they will be worth or indeed how many will be left in another 10years, maybe I should start thinking about buying an investment myself.

In that case adey, as even once it's welded it still won't be "origional" so for me I wouldn't go over £500 notes;) rot is bad news for these little cars.:(

sirrom666
26-07-2012, 16:13
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Hi Guy's

Cheers for the welcome.

The car belongs to a friend of mine, he has a raider project he just started and I often assist with part sourcing ect as and when we get time.

I'm not sure what level this project will be built to at this point and I don't think he does either lol.

I know the car willbe standard, so if anyone knows where can I find or has a nice detailed selection of pictures of a oem car? That would be great.

The owner has had several show winning cars in the vw scene including a standard concourse mk1 golf gti which came first at gti international and second at the meguiars champions of champions concourse at the n.e.c

This is the unknown really and it is nice to have a place for us to get any answers or info on best places for parts ect plus any shows or meets.

The car has been stripped back and is been prep'd for paint as we speak, i dont get to his workshop to often but will try and get some pic's as and when I can

Cheers
Ben

Bigfoot
26-07-2012, 16:31
Welcome Ben,

Best thing you can do is get yourself to Blyton Park this weekend, lots of Renaults there including my Raider which as Steve has said is very original which I have got mine from a shell of nothing to the way it looks today but still more to do but thats nothing different to any car really.

As for pictures I will be getting some of mine now that nice weather has come about but Steve will be best person for pictures as had loads taken of his Raider

sirrom666
26-07-2012, 16:40
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Wish I could mate, but at a friends wedding this weekend.

Any pic's would be great though, I have done some research and found a few pic's but have never been able to confirm if everything was original or if there was anything missing such as engine bay stickers ect.

I know earlier in the year he had started to stock pile a few parts and if i remember right got some brand new bumpers from France but it's the little details that add up to make a big difference and we want them to be right.

Bigfoot
26-07-2012, 16:57
To get you an idea on engine bay stickers

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300733049803?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Bumpers are easy enough to get hold of, its the interior seats, door badges, uncut dash, mint boost hoses, front grill, tow eye cap, car mats and carpet, radio. These are going to be the most difficult to source now really as either have to look at replicas or not find any at all.