PDA

View Full Version : Ripped off by RTOC member through Ebay

rumpelstiltskin
24-06-2012, 20:04
First post!

Sent Carl Hyde(Carlos)(7188_hyde on Ebay) from this forum payment through an Ebay auction over a week ago.He has kept the money,hasn't sent the parts and has relisted the parts i paid for!!!Nice guy,ripping off a fellow Renault enthusiast.

gtmatt
24-06-2012, 21:32
First post!

Sent Carl Hyde(Carlos)(7188_hyde on Ebay) from this forum payment through an Ebay auction over a week ago.He has kept the money,hasn't sent the parts and has relisted the parts i paid for!!!Nice guy,ripping off a fellow Renault enthusiast.

He buys loads of parts of people on here he's a breaker/trader the club should know about this buys parts then sells them on eBay for mega pounds

Alex
25-06-2012, 09:46
Have you contacted him?

Penfold aka The Dealer
25-06-2012, 10:11
I have sent him a message on here asking him to look at this thread...

It looks like he has my old tungy.... oh his profile pic has some damage to it to :(

SirSamuelOfBuca
25-06-2012, 11:41
i went round his house the other day. nice bloke sorted me out part i needed desperately. maybe a misunderstanding. (hope so!)

Carlos
25-06-2012, 11:53
repliying to message guys

no he as not contacted me the payment was put through paypal directly
so i overlooked having relisted parts ,.
so i am sending him a email for us to sort this problem out
i am looking through my post office receipts because im sure i sent these out
but not sure till i look .
i will gladly reissue parts if he needs them still or issue a refund .
i dont normally get bad feedback like this .
as regards the grey 5 that was sold to some one down derby as rolling shell last year i think it was the guy who just sold a raider on here with black alloys his mate wrote it off
dave turbo

hope this helps chris
thanks carl

djinuk
25-06-2012, 16:24
I can vouch for Carlos. Nice guy with some genuine love for r5's.

chezzer85
25-06-2012, 19:11
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RENAULT-5-GT-TURBO-SAMCO-BOOST-HOSES-/320923917006?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ab88e5ace

Bought from GaryS for £25 on 15/04/12 though classifieds now on ebay for £39.99 starting price just an observation

rumpelstiltskin
26-06-2012, 17:04
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Maybe i've got the wrong Carl Hyde from Wolverhampton here,paypal address c.hyde2@sky.com,paid him by Paypal on the 16th of June at 19.45pm,payment status in Paypal 'completed',money taken from my bank account!Paypal Transaction ID 4DL543695H715460R (https://www.paypal.com/uk/vst/id=4DL543695H715460R).Maybe im missing something here?,apart from the goods ofcourse!Then to finish things off he sends me 'another' payment request yesterday for the money???Hands up who thinks i should pay again?He's relisted the parts i bought and he's got my money,once bitten twice thick.

JRP
26-06-2012, 20:23
Maybe the club should look into this. He could be 100% innocent and its just some miss understandings...

See what the club detectives find. ''miiiiiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllller''

djinuk
26-06-2012, 20:50
id say 100% missunderstanding personally.

rumpelstiltskin
27-06-2012, 00:22

I've been using Ebay and Paypal for 12 years and i've never had a paypal payment showing as completed,and the moneys out my bank and the seller genuinely hasn't received it.Im looking into it with Paypal,they'll tell me what the score is.

Mart
27-06-2012, 08:09
Im looking into it with Paypal,they'll tell me what the score is.

Wouldn't that have been the best thing to do first, before starting a thread saying you've been ripped off by an rtoc'er?

rumpelstiltskin
27-06-2012, 08:28

I did do that first before posting on here.

djinuk
27-06-2012, 09:54
wait for the verdict from paypal though.. ive had all sorts of strange things happen with paypal with the pending payments etc.. and some of it there genuinly is no reason for. The joys of paypal. Ask carlos for his number and deal with it over the phone, sometimes its a lot easier to deal that way and you get a better feel for how genuine somebody is.

SirSamuelOfBuca
27-06-2012, 11:58
ye i work with paypal all day long and have had this same situation happen where someone bought something off me and I had no trace of payment. annoying for both parties

DLampitt
27-06-2012, 13:12
rather than slate someone why not try and send him a message either on here or through e bay not paypal before you jump to conclusions ?

i have dealt with carl for years and he is a credit to the renault world really helpfull and friendly he certainly doesnt rip people off and who cares if he is buying things and selling for a profit ? if someones happy to sell there things for a price its up to whoever to choose what they do with them its nothing illegal

maybe this is why bob from cgb doesnt have any interest in the club because there is always going to be someone to complain
i will guarantee you either receive your parts or your money back one way or another :) nice and easy

SirSamuelOfBuca
27-06-2012, 15:18
i second that. You got a running 5 dlampitt? ur only down the road (parents live in Quarry bank).

DLampitt
27-06-2012, 15:55
yes mate its running got a few bits to do on it but its getting there how about you ?

SirSamuelOfBuca
27-06-2012, 16:14
ye mines up and running (just about haha) got cam left to do on engine and set carb up. on the look out for a side exhaust at the moment. just got tailgate and bonnet and standard bumper to put on car. (bonnet/tailgate need prep/paint).

have to go for a drive sometime mate :D

Carlos
27-06-2012, 17:00
THIS IS MY LAST REPLY TO THIS

HE CAN HAVE A REFUND OR HIS PARTS :dearme:

YOUR CHOICE :agree:

AWAIT YOUR REPLY

THANKS CARLOS .

BETTER STILL REFUND SENT

END OF

JRP
27-06-2012, 18:36
Cap locks mission.

rumpelstiltskin
27-06-2012, 18:54

rather than slate someone why not try and send him a message either on here or through e bay not paypal before you jump to conclusions ?

i have dealt with carl for years and he is a credit to the renault world really helpfull and friendly he certainly doesnt rip people off and who cares if he is buying things and selling for a profit ? if someones happy to sell there things for a price its up to whoever to choose what they do with them its nothing illegal

maybe this is why bob from cgb doesnt have any interest in the club because there is always going to be someone to complain
i will guarantee you either receive your parts or your money back one way or another :) nice and easy
1)Can't remember giving someone a slating,i heard nothing from him since the 16th of June despite contacting him through Ebay twice before 'jumping to conclusions'
2)Im so sorry people like me are responsible for Bob from CGB no longer having interest in the club,i can only apologise.:confused:

3)I've just received a refund so the payment must have got through to him at some point.

dangerous dave
27-06-2012, 19:48
all friends again:agree: