PDA

View Full Version : More turbo issues

chezzer85
23-06-2012, 17:27
My hybrid T2 gave up a little while ago, and i've got a couple of secound hand T2's, which i'm trying.

I've fitted one of the turbos and removed the king lead and left the oil drain off, turned the car over a few times and no oil seems to be coming out the oil drain. So i changes the oil non return valve. On doing so i noticed that there was lots of oil in the oil feed hose anyway. I have then turned the car over again with both oil return and king lead disconected and still no oil out of the oil drain.

Next i connected king lead and oil return and ran for about 2 mins, then removed the oil drain hose and still not much oil in it. Is this turbo nackared or does a turbo only cycle oil under boost?

Markey Mark (BD)
24-06-2012, 15:36
Have you got oil coming out of the oil feed just before it goes into the turbo? I've had a few oil feed pipes block up before

jamie_clioGTT
24-06-2012, 15:38
oil should be constantly flowing through turbo.

chezzer85
24-06-2012, 16:25
Have you got oil coming out of the oil feed just before it goes into the turbo? I've had a few oil feed pipes block up before

Not sure as i couldn't get the oil feed pipe off the turbo, just rounded off the fitting:cry:.
May have to put some gas on it or try the other turbo.