PDA

View Full Version : oil cooler

rs250nut
03-12-2008, 21:39
Just finished putting new engine in car so I left the king lead off and went to prime the turbo with oil and the carb with fuel. After letting it turn over a few times I noticed that there was no oil coming out of the oil feed. Had a little poke around then saw a puddle of oil on the floor. It looks like its coming from around the oil filter and oil cooler take off plate , is there any way I could have put it on around the wrong way? I have an seprate oil cooler not the one built in to the rad.

Markey Mark (BD)
03-12-2008, 22:22
Did you change the seal behind the sandwich plate mate, i have had a few off and when you oput them back on they always leak so worth putting a new one on.

rs250nut
03-12-2008, 22:27
Why do you think im not getting oil at the feed pipe?

Sparkie
03-12-2008, 23:29
the oil isnt getting to the end of the oil gallery that supplies the turbo oil feed pipe. its just pi55ed itself out of the oil take off!
the oil pump pushes it through the radiator first, then the filter....then the oil gallery i think. ill have to look at haynes again.

rs250nut
05-12-2008, 17:32
Anyone else got any ideas before I pull it all apart?

Sparkie
05-12-2008, 19:36
you have most likely managed to mess up putting the sandwich plate on. there needs to a be a seal between the plate and the block, and then the oil filter to the sandwich plate. make sure you havent put two on the oil filter side!!!

rs250nut
05-12-2008, 22:12
Sorted out the sandwich plate now but am still not getting oil from the feed pipe, I spoke to bruce earlier on the phone and he said something about priming one of the oil pipes to get the oil to pick up?

Scoff
05-12-2008, 22:22
it can take a lot of cranking sometimes. take the plugs out and crank, it'll spin faster and won't load up the dry bearings so much ;)