PDA

View Full Version : need a hand with projects?

Haz
22-06-2012, 22:09
Hi, didn't know where to post so thought this would be the right section.

Ss some of you know i've taken some time out whilst buying a house and making it liveable although still having a tinker with cars. i've gotten bored with my job and debating taking the plunge and getting back into cars again. ive mangaged to get a small unit local to me in maghull, merseyside and i'm on with sorting it out along with bits of kit i'll need. i doubt i'll be able to take on big/long projects like i have in the past, for the time being anyway, but happy to take on various jobs as the kit builds up.

For those that dont know me, i'm capible with most cars but gtt's are my speciality and will take on: bodywork, rust, painting, one off modified parts, oe detailing, wheels etc.
stereo installs, bespoke boot builds, alarms.
interior swaps, dash out jobs.
general maintence, tidying up and sorting niggles.

ive gone through a few cd's today as i liked to provide owners with evidence of whats been done, mainly on the bigger jobs. i've saved/lost some things along the way through changing laptops as they packed in, and camera quality varies as technology improved but i've put what i can find onto my photobucket account, mainly paintjobs. the pics arent in any particular order as i cant figure out how to arrange them the way i want on there and some folders are not complete as i cant find all the pics but you should get the idea and i'll update them when i find more, or if the owners have any further pics of what i've done i can add them too. if there's other members that have cd's/pics that arent in there or other things i may have done i'd appreciate them so they can be added to the portfolio, so to speak.
anyway, my folders are in :

http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f339/nocturnaldevelopments/

also any feedback from these members, or others that i've done a bit for is appreciated and hope it helps me get going again, and helps those with the bits they cant do, or dont know where to take it,
thanks

GTphil
09-07-2012, 16:40
I can second this, Haz will do a top job!

Not much he doesn't know or hasn't done on a five.

He once took my dash out and changed the heater box and matrix in about 2hours!! He's a bit older now tho so don't expect it done quite as quick! ;)

Eugein Offord
09-07-2012, 18:28
For Myself.... this post is the best in a while and shows the club to be what it is, at its very best.An open, knowledge and enjoyable club.:)

Big Steve - Raider
09-07-2012, 18:52
PM Heading your way Haz :D

GT Josh
09-07-2012, 21:23
Well Haz did my dash too and did a fantastic job. Also currently doing bodywork etc. Top mate. Great at what he does.

5alldaway
09-07-2012, 22:02
did a great paint job on my gtt years ago, good luck

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a181/alexdrivesa5/DSC08385.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a181/alexdrivesa5/etthb.jpg

Ryan p
09-07-2012, 23:42
Ill second that top job if only u had come back to it 6 months earlier I would have got u to paint j5 it's coming back from the dead ;-) I'm glad u still had pics from when u did the black 5 as I never had any after it was done

GT Josh
17-07-2012, 21:17
Just finished a big job on my car, check out work done

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?p=281268#post281268

jamie_clioGTT
17-07-2012, 21:54
would you take on a respray?

Haz
18-07-2012, 23:16
thanks for the comments, enjoying gettin back into it.
is the white one back on the road yet ryan, that has been tucked away for a while.
yes i'll take on resprays :)

sean5gtt
18-07-2012, 23:34
Am glad to hear you're back to business doing r5gtts, wish I could do the same but too busy with family and three small kids....

Oh and by the way, just bought white H-reg r5gtt, havent told missus about that lol:eek:

Good luck Haz

Sean

Ryan p
21-07-2012, 10:11
Not just yet haz but it is painted an slow process of trying to find all the parts to put it back together u going to ND next sat ?

Haz
22-07-2012, 01:45
are you not tempted to get into it again sean? understand busy with family etc but are you not doing anything with cars these days? glad to hear you have another tho, any plans for. still remember your tropical green one ;)
would be nice to catch up at some point.

glad it is going back together ryan, but yeah it can take a while getting all the bits nice and fresh but worth it in the long run. have you guys been on with any other projects since the 4wd clio?

allanr5gtt
22-07-2012, 08:50
4wd clio any pics?

DaveL485
22-07-2012, 11:29
rust,

I've got plenty of that for you chap :)

Haz
22-07-2012, 17:14
allan, it was ryan and ian's mk1 clio, matt black rat look with twin c1j engines. sure there was a mag feature and a few outings, but dont know where its at now.
dave, you can keep it, dont like rust lol. i know its a drive for you but happy to help if you didn't want to use someone locally :)

dangerous dave
22-07-2012, 17:58
allan, it was ryan and ian's mk1 clio, matt black rat look with twin c1j engines. sure there was a mag feature and a few outings, but dont know where its at now.
dave, you can keep it, dont like rust lol. i know its a drive for you but happy to help if you didn't want to use someone locally :)

Pretty sure that got broken..

Deano
22-07-2012, 21:34
I'd also like to thanks Haz for his help with my rad fan wiring nightmare !
Travelled to me,did an excellent job of getting it all working properly at good rates.

Cheers :D

allanr5gtt
22-07-2012, 21:44
sorry about that guys i've seen the clio twin c1j, i thought you meant single engine 4wd?

Haz
16-08-2012, 00:09
some pics of the recent work on alan's raffle car. the orignal job of n/s inner and outer sill and 2 patches on the rear chassis legs for the mot turned into a bit more upon inspection, and then a bit more as further bits fell off along the way! so we've decided to hang on for the painting til later on in the year when its back in for further work not required for the mot. hope she performs on the day, not many people who'd take a chance using a gtt for their wedding. hope you have a cracking day :)

some pics:

http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f339/nocturnaldevelopments/allans%20raffle%20car/

GTphil
16-08-2012, 07:18
Crikey! That raffle car had more rust than my raider!

djinuk
16-08-2012, 07:27
cracking job there haz, i know welding up that bit behind the fuel filler pipe works very tight to get into , but you have done an excellent job there :cool::cool:

Trevhib
16-08-2012, 16:35
Wowsers, what a sh*tter. Glad I didn't win it :sad2:

:laugh:

GaryS
16-08-2012, 20:06
Haz is a top man :)

r5_scotty
16-08-2012, 20:23
Crikey! That raffle car had more rust than my raider!

yes but remember he only paid 20 - 100 quid for the phase 1;) so to have all that work done ,that five ows him naff all! so his still come out on top and will have a crisp phase 1!

Pete@Backyard Racing
16-08-2012, 21:10
Great all round handy man when it comes to r5s :agree:
Haz will have your project on the road pronto so u can enjoy driving your r5 :burnrubber:

Haz
16-08-2012, 23:23
cheers for the comments.
yeah phil, quite a rusty bus. has been repaired here and there in the past but just looks like it was just 'needed' repairs, obviously cheaper but the finish wasn't the best, just repaired with plates and sealant smeered over the top.
the patch behind the filler was another spot that wasn't noticed by the mot'er but while the aux tank and bits where off anyway it made sense to get it done, wants some more work on the inside before paint. the main thing was to get it everything finished that needed to be so it could be built up, the rest can wait til another time when its back in for further work as the wedding is top priority atm.
your not the only one who's said that trev but as scott's mentioned its cost £100 for the tickets and rust aside, the interior is all fresh, engine bay looks as good as it could and it drives exactly how an oe car should, loved the drive to the mot station :)
cheers pete, i've been getting some crazy hours in lately and trying to get things in and out as fast as poss, but if i didn't i'm sure the mrs would find stuff for me to do at home ;)

Tony Walker
17-08-2012, 08:28
Wowsers, what a sh*tter. Glad I didn't win it :sad2:

:laugh:

:sad2: nice:agree:

Trevhib
17-08-2012, 09:38
Erm, I was joking :homer:

wozzer
23-09-2012, 18:45
haz has also done a top job on me renault 5 project 172 turbo without haz and scoff would still be on axels outside me house haha all i can say is they have done a propper good job and really pleased with the final finished project which is getting collected this wednesday from scoffs :coffee:

alot of work was needed on my 5 when i started my project which turned into a massive project so got in touch with haz and before i new it bamm was done looks proper smart and cant wait to see how it drives ;)

thanks alot haz top bloke and top job :agree:

devilish dave
23-09-2012, 19:04
All of haz's work is highly recommended.
He's done a lot for me at reasonable prices and given me the info I needed for things I've attempted. I wouldn't be fitting a b18ft to the Clio without the wiring being done for me and a few other bits.

Tony Walker
23-09-2012, 19:19
Took a peek at yours today wozzer, looks fantastic :D

Haz
23-09-2012, 20:03
Thanks, glad of the work ;) been a bit quiet lately so been on with my own stuff but happy to take on anything car related, just ask :)

wozzer
23-09-2012, 20:15
cheers tony only poped down this morning at like 10 30 just to let scoff no i was collecting it wednesday and to here it fire up ;)