PDA

View Full Version : megasquirt wiring

SCHWARTZ
18-06-2012, 18:32
Im making up a loom for the megasquirt and i have stripped down the volvo loom and separated all the wires and i will be using the plugs i have and making a loom out of it all. basically where i have stripped the plug that goes to the coil pack there is what looks like a small AA battery soldered in between two wires connecting them together. I assume this is a diode or something similar. Can i cut this out as now it will be used for the megasquirt ecu or will even that need it there?

philg
18-06-2012, 19:41
Im making up a loom for the megasquirt and i have stripped down the volvo loom and separated all the wires and i will be using the plugs i have and making a loom out of it all. basically where i have stripped the plug that goes to the coil pack there is what looks like a small AA battery soldered in between two wires connecting them together. I assume this is a diode or something similar. Can i cut this out as now it will be used for the megasquirt ecu or will even that need it there?

I remember seeing that, can answer your question though :laugh:

SCHWARTZ
18-06-2012, 20:02
Both my looms have it so its defo standard but Dono if I can do away with for the ms.:scratch:

Scoff
18-06-2012, 20:56
it'll be a condenser. you can bin it if you want.

remember, the volvo coil has an ignitor built on the bracket. I don't know if you need that with MS. I think not. I think you'll need to connect straight to the coil - and do away with the ignitor. Maybe you could check on the MS forum or read the manual. Don't wire the coil until you are 100% sure it is correct else you can say goodbye to the ECU !!

SCHWARTZ
18-06-2012, 21:24
Ok cheers Chris I will do some more reading. :coffee: I have read most of the manual but don't Renner reading about that il double check. Cheers matey

SCHWARTZ
18-06-2012, 21:54
reading this it looks like i have to wire directly to the coil then and change some settings in tunerstudio.

SCHWARTZ
19-06-2012, 10:12
forgot link:rolleyes:
http://www.msextra.com/doc/ms1extra/MS_Extra_Ignition_Hardware_Manual.htm#MSnS

SCHWARTZ
21-08-2012, 19:40
Right I have wired up the megasquirt with marky mark, I am now getting a spark but its very slow and the rpm in tunerstudio is 52rpm:scratch: do I need to change anything in settings so it knows its the Volvo trigger? Also is std Volvo 60-2?

Scoff
21-08-2012, 20:27
Yes 60-2 with a "reset" angle of about 82deg BTDC. It'll need fine adjusting with a strobe once you have it running.

SCHWARTZ
21-08-2012, 21:22
Ok cheers matey, hopefully I can get it running to get a strobe on it:laugh:

SCHWARTZ
21-08-2012, 21:43
options i have are at the moment settings are.

trigger angle (deg) 60
trigger angle addition 0
crank timing time based(or trigger return)
cranking advance angle 10
hold ignition 1
spark output inverted yes
Experimental oddfire support no
fixed angle (-10=use map)(deg) -10
Trim angle (deg) 0

do these seem right:scratch:

SCHWARTZ
24-08-2012, 12:34
Chris is the "reset" angle the same as the trigger angle that is set to 60deg? Should I change that to 86deg?

Scoff
24-08-2012, 15:22
Don't know really, I don't get too involved with megasquirt sorry.