PDA

View Full Version : Twin pass intercoolers?

TNT ANDY
15-06-2012, 06:58
Is anyone running a twin pass intercooler or know anyone who is?

I'm thinking of ditching the charge cooler and going for a twin pass, but know nothing about them.

I see they are rated up to x bhp, but I am wondering has anyone measured any temps from them running what BHP etc. Or is there a way of working it out?

:confused:

SCHWARTZ
15-06-2012, 07:07
I have the eBay special medium twinpass on my b18ft, seems to work well I have no idea on the air temps but the inlet plenum is allways cold after a hard blast, :D

TNT ANDY
15-06-2012, 07:49
I have the eBay special medium twinpass on my b18ft, seems to work well I have no idea on the air temps but the inlet plenum is allways cold after a hard blast, :D

What boost where you running.

SCHWARTZ
15-06-2012, 08:31
1.7bar at the mo may try my luck a bit when the ecu is sorted:D I do have an air temp gauge but its one of those cheapy eBay ones so prob won't get an accurate reading anyway

DaveMayGTT
15-06-2012, 08:57
I just brought Scottys old twinpass, going to get the outlets modded so it fits better and cos the standard outlets are huge. Once its in I will get some data but it wont be for a while :(

TNT ANDY
15-06-2012, 11:10
I just brought Scottys old twinpass, going to get the outlets modded so it fits better and cos the standard outlets are huge. Once its in I will get some data but it wont be for a while :(
Thanks you guys. Ther's no great rush yet as I've gotthe charge coolrr on atm, but the longer term plan is to have a twin pass on there. I'm looking into calculating the size needed atm as and When I get chancr.