PDA

View Full Version : C1J Spec and tuning Advice

5 turbo
13-06-2012, 14:50
Right what should i roughly be looking at power/torque/AFR's wise with this spec..

Propper HG/Bolts
K-tec stage 1 fuel pump/std reg
Double cap cooler
Proper ally rad/seperate cooler
Samco's all the way through
Stage 3 T25@12 psi..poor show i know :cry:
Decent Plugs/leads/Cap/Arm
Cup Mod
Metal lobster,Believe standard carb otherwise
Sidey Pipe with enlarged elbow/lagged down pipe
And a Group A clutch/LB flywheel
Think thats it :scratch:

Now it was setup at 12psi for running in and left rich(something my wallet aint been since:sad2:)..
Problem is over 90mph it just hits a wall, feels like the turbo's fell off,flat and lifeless..used to pull like a fudgekin train(bit scary tbh :laugh:)..,

Has a Innovate AFR Gauge fitted....(can and will get any readings i can if it helps, just give me a starting point as to revs/gear........I'll do what i can to help you help me if you's could please..)

and the readings are staying Rich whatever i do to it which i suppose is a double edged bonus :scared:

So wotcha's reckon....Turbo duff, fueling messy or just needs some Tuning knowledge/magic sprinkling?>>>>>Anyone got any Recommendations as to who is worth a trip??

Anyway's sorry its all abit if/maybe/sketchy just wanna get her right again.

So as always cheers in advance for any help/advice you fella's might share :)

Markey Mark (BD)
13-06-2012, 16:54
If fueling is staying rich sounds like it needs a full set up mate, if going flat at top end couldbe down to lack of boost (12psi not alot) and fueling flooding the engine

5 turbo
13-06-2012, 17:06
If fueling is staying rich sounds like it needs a full set up mate, if going flat at top end couldbe down to lack of boost (12psi not alot) and fueling flooding the engine

Cheers Mr Mark :agree::agree:

That was kinda my line of thinking i gotta say...Trouble is i dont want to up to boost and risk det..i have no way of listening out for it is the problem.

TBH i reckon their enough fuel for 20psi(:D) its wether the timing will cope is another worry.

I do believe in the past i was recommended your way for a setup.....Still offering such magic fella?

Markey Mark (BD)
13-06-2012, 17:25
Yeah still able to set the car up for you mate, can check fueling and det too. if you want to up boost too can do that also

5 turbo
13-06-2012, 17:38
Yeah still able to set the car up for you mate, can check fueling and det too. if you want to up boost too can do that also

Your a gent...so you can fiddle the jets if need be an all...
Mind you The amount of fuel im putting in i reckon they'll be alright tbh, need more air me thinks :scared: :laugh:

Where in the South east are you boss? And wot sorta wonga you charge?(If pm's more private then chuck one over :agree:).