PDA

View Full Version : Hesitating before boost

FSP
07-06-2012, 11:55
Hello,

I have this problem whit my 5. At first I thought this hasitating before boost was becouse I drove my 5 every monthe or two and only for a spin. Now Iam driving it every day and it actully getting worse. Yesterday she started to stole on the traficlight. But after 10 min it didnt stole any more. Anyone had this problem whit hesitating before boost?

Thanks,
Martin

rew
09-06-2012, 01:11
My gordini Turbo did that turned out to be running very rich and needed a new set of plugs,a tune up on Carb and rotor arm and dizzy cap

Jonny5
09-06-2012, 08:10
Have a read of this thread!

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=4734

From the quote below it seems quite a normal thing for gtt's to have the same problem as you!
Taken from Scoffs bit from the above link ;)

Maximum power at any time is made at around 13:1 AFR, I've never really wanted to go much leaner than that. I think if I did I might find that the far-from-smooth transitions between stages might make things run overly lean at points and cause hesitation. With the AFR at 13 to 14:1 litte gaps in the fuel curve get covered up. Even the standard carb is far from perfect. How many gtt's suffer from a hesitation just before boost comes on ? A lot it seems!

FSP
10-06-2012, 13:51
Well, I found two wires from the radiator swich broken of and making sparks on radiator thets why the car was stoling and now reconected.
Got new spark plugs, leads, distributor and rotor and still no diferents. Also found dificult to start the car when hot but I know thats becouse of fuel wapor from the carb.

I bougt this kit (two years ago) for carb rebuilt. Enyone did this and will that solve the hesitating?

Got some other issues (every day something new :) ), will probablly open new threat in the project board...

Thanks!
Martin