PDA

View Full Version : Heater Matrix Removal.?

raj
01-12-2008, 19:00
as above, how do you remove the heater matrix??

im really hoping i dont get a "you have to remove the dash" answer :cry:

looks abit of an arse of a job to do!

Kris M
01-12-2008, 19:12
most people remove the dash, but there is a way you can do it without...cant remember exactly how though.....seem to remember Bruce telling how to do it once

raj
01-12-2008, 19:42
if there one job i absolutely hate doing it got to be removing the dash:sad2: i simply havent got the patients for it. the last one i removed i ended up smashing it to tiny teeeny weeny pieces with a hammer while it was still in the car :mad:...and i loved every minute of it mwuhaha:devil:

so with that said, im not going to touch the dash!... i refuse!... it whinds me up.!:cry:

i thinks its a case of... dare i say it... asking prima racing to do the job for me [depending on what they charge of course] :rolleyes:

Nick k
01-12-2008, 23:48
if there one job i absolutely hate doing it got to be removing the dash:sad2: i simply havent got the patients for it. the last one i removed i ended up smashing it to tiny teeeny weeny pieces with a hammer while it was still in the car :mad:...and i loved every minute of it mwuhaha:devil:

so with that said, im not going to touch the dash!... i refuse!... it whinds me up.!:cry:

i thinks its a case of... dare i say it... asking prima racing to do the job for me [depending on what they charge of course] :rolleyes:

You can get the dash out in 30 minutes, properly too. 5 clips, 12 Screws, 3 cable disconnected, job done.

Whats up with the matrix anyway?

Sparkie
02-12-2008, 01:00
i did it by taking the dash off and letting it hang. then undoing the 4 bolts holding the centre console to the firewall, then pulling that back, so you can get the matrix out that way.

markey b
02-12-2008, 01:06
dash really isn't a bad job... i've done 3... and even put 2 back in properly! lol

top clips just use a long screwdriver sideways in the screen-vent holes once you have removed the inserts.. that way you wont break anything

raj
02-12-2008, 11:19
what fuks me off is all the wiring plus the thick bunch of wire that run behind the dash! are these bunch of wires fixed to the back of the dash or fixed to the bulkhead.?

:rant:regardless of that, im not attempting it myself. even the thought makes my blood boil :hmmph: :cry:

markey b
02-12-2008, 18:32
the wires should attatch to the dash, but the wiring kinda clips between the bulkhead and the dash.. bit fiddly but ya dont need to be a brain surgeon lol

davew
09-12-2008, 21:17
There used to be a guide on the old forum which i used as a reference, took the dash right out and rested it across the seats, got the mtrix out, ran it over a few times, took a hammer to it and when it was in 2 pieces threw them in opposite directions!!!!!! Took me about 3 1/2 hours this time last year outside.
Got a lovey warm 5 now and no anti-freeze smell.

raj
09-12-2008, 21:24
i forgot about that guide on the old site!! im assuming thats long gone or it would have been uploaded onto this site :cry:

stuTHC
09-12-2008, 21:30
got the mtrix out, ran it over a few times, took a hammer to it and when it was in 2 pieces threw them in opposite directions!!!!!!

:laugh: yup!