PDA

View Full Version : Please help :,(

ren_5hitbox
02-06-2012, 16:35
Someone please help me, took my 5 to work today and everything was as normal. Got home chilled out for a bit went to use the 5 again and no electric at all!!! No lights no noise turn the key and nothing! Fuses all checked and fine, are there any other hiden fuses anywhere? Has anyone had this problem before???

Thanks

markg
02-06-2012, 16:42
Have you checked the battery is not dead ?

Nottswoody
02-06-2012, 16:43
Dose your ignition lights come on? Start with the main connections to the batteries.. Mine touched and burnt the negative off..

ren_5hitbox
02-06-2012, 16:50
Thank you both for getting back to me, really appreciated, checked battery nothing is lighting up not even the ignition :(

markg
02-06-2012, 16:57
Just a guess here. Perhaps the ignition switch is faulty. Does the interior light come on when you open the door as that works regardless of the ignition. Think the hazard lights may as well but cannot remember, been a long time since my 5 was on the road.

GTphil
02-06-2012, 16:59
I had this once and it was the battery, sometimes they die a sudden death!!:laugh:
I was convinced it was something else, went through loads of different things spent almost 2 hours looking for a "fault":rolleyes:

Tryed another battery and hey presto!:smokin:

SirSamuelOfBuca
02-06-2012, 17:09
I had same was battery :-/

Hope it's that simple gl mate!

ren_5hitbox
02-06-2012, 17:17
Well my mate popped over who is a marine so has a good idea with engines etc, took out a few wires cleaned them off jumped the car and the old gal started up :) he said the battery is dead too, thanks everyone for getting back to me :)

old skool turbo power
02-06-2012, 21:05
Someone please help me, took my 5 to work today and everything was as normal. Got home chilled out for a bit went to use the 5 again and no electric at all!!! No lights no noise turn the key and nothing! Fuses all checked and fine, are there any other hiden fuses anywhere? Has anyone had this problem before???

Thanks

always remember though mate no battery no power,but a ovious sign can just be no interior working,or when you turn the engine over and no noise/click or nothing then you know:(batteries can be a strange one.good you have it sorted anyway:agree:

Phoenix Autosport
02-06-2012, 22:32
check the anti perc fan relay, mine stuck on last year and would have drained the battery if i hadnt heard it still running when i went to answer the door about 15-20 mins after shutting it off

Hoolio
02-06-2012, 22:42
check the anti perc fan relay, mine stuck on last year and would have drained the battery if i hadnt heard it still running when i went to answer the door about 15-20 mins after shutting it off

When it's warm mine will run for half an hour or so :eek:

SirSamuelOfBuca
02-06-2012, 23:00
Above two posts. No gtt is the same haha

ren_5hitbox
02-06-2012, 23:38
I do feel silly now for only having a dodgy battery! New battery bought and the car is sound :) but usually with any other car I've ever had I've always seen warning signs that the battery was going to die, so strange but in the flip side it was great to find such an easy fix :D great to be in the rtoc though because everyone is so handy and eager to help out :)