PDA

View Full Version : screech from VNT

markey b
01-12-2008, 18:34
probably one for adam l here:

just had a call from the lad we sold the black 5 too, had a VNT on it when we sold it, and he's been having boost issues lately. he gets a screech from the turbo and the gauge reads 16psi at carbtop but car drives like there is no boost..

getting him to check the oneway valves, manifold gasket etc, but the screech can't be a good thing.

anyone got any ideas?

Adam L
01-12-2008, 18:42
Yea, that was one of ours... Never heard of a screech noise from a turbo before, unless it's totally ****ed and the shaft is flapping about inside the casings. But you'd know about that as you'd have clouds of smoke coming out of the exhaust

markey b
01-12-2008, 18:57
no smoke apparently, yeah that turbo is a newer bro of my one, mines been faultless.. no smoke prob an air leak.
whats the name of ya company, and i'll get him to get in touch about a poss rebuild if its possible on the VNT, he's had quotes from 100 to 220 just to look at it

Adam L
01-12-2008, 19:01
Wow, to look at it:crap:... We don't charge anything.

It's www.turbodevelopments.co.uk

That turbo's been going for a fair few years now, I remember Briggs coming over my way in the car about 4 years ago when the engine was originally built.

Ron
01-12-2008, 20:29
Mine sounds the same at the minute although its not a vnt its whistling and drive like there is not much boost. Turns out the compressor wheel has had a stone of something hit it! due too dodgy pipework to the filter :(