PDA

View Full Version : cgb discount

dansr5gtturbo
18-05-2012, 14:49
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

Just asked if cgb do discount for rtoc members. they said rtoc have not asked for any member discount is this true? If it is why not? . Thanks dan

Penfold aka The Dealer
18-05-2012, 14:55

Just asked if cgb do discount for rtoc members. they said rtoc have not asked for any member discount is this true? If it is why not? . Thanks dan

Mainly because he is to expensive.... & we have better dealing with mike at GT Turbo spares (gives discount, advise on here & attends rtoc advents)

Also i think CGB had issues back in the day (things may well have changed) with losing parcels, long delays in sending stuff out.... Generally got a bad feedback on the old forums... As i said things may well have changed....

I have spoken to bob in the past about rtoc discount as a committee member... He refused point blank....

Hoolio
18-05-2012, 15:30
It clearly dependshow they are feeling on any given day; http://www.rtoc.org/boards/showthread.php?t=27481

personally I've dealt with and always been happy with Mike @GT Turbo Spares.

Nottswoody
18-05-2012, 16:21
Gave me 5% off today but he did say it has nothing todo with being a member.. So clearly something's a miss.. I only use because he takes card..

adscan
18-05-2012, 16:49
i asked for a discount on some shocks and he said no. :mad:

Flight666
19-05-2012, 07:01
Gt Turbo spares never gave any discount when I asked but did say they would beat any CGB prices plus Mike has been very helpfull and friendly on the phone and quick to E.mail back and even by my vaugest description has sorted out my bits and bobs and that alone is worth more than a few quid either way.I will just stick with Mike in the future...just my two penneth..

gttjames
19-05-2012, 09:34
from when i joined the 5 world around 5 years ago the impression i got was cgb was exspensive andd i had heard some people having bad dealings with them. But now in the last year etc the prices seem the same as everywhere else, weather everyone else has joined his prices i dont know. And im seeing people getting good service from them. Maybe a few years back he was a 1man band so to busy? But now i know he has a couple of people there with him he can deal with things alot better?

Nottswoody
19-05-2012, 09:48
Well I will let you all know in a little while as Iv baught a refurbed carb oil filter and head bolts orderd them yesterday and I'm hopeing they turn up today.. I don't mind paying extra as long as its quality.. But I would 100% use gt spares but I don't have PayPal and I don't want PayPal.. Mikes looking into using card.. Then he will have 100% my business.. Bit of competition never hurt anyone :)

James_Surridge G1 5 GTT
19-05-2012, 13:28
CGB Great company never any concerns for me.:agree:

SCHWARTZ
19-05-2012, 16:31
If you want cgb discount just tell bob you are a member fo renault5gtturbo.com;)

dansr5gtturbo
19-05-2012, 18:34

I did not no prices on gt turbo spaires web site inc vat. wish i found this out years ago been using cgb for 6 years thinking they are cheaper

Bunje
19-05-2012, 18:48
I use both Mike and cgb and never have any problems with either. I prefer Mike tho because he's part of our club and is always very helpful. I think cgbs postage costs of his website are abit expensive as anything that you order costs 8.99 to post. But if you buy the stuff from his ebay shop the price varies.

gtmatt
19-05-2012, 19:17
I use cgb and get 10%

GTphil
19-05-2012, 19:28
That's because you empty his shelves!:laugh:

adscan
19-05-2012, 19:31
If you want cgb discount just tell bob you are a member fo renault5gtturbo.com;)

why there and not here...:confused:

Penfold aka The Dealer
19-05-2012, 19:37
why there and not here...:confused:

Because bob dont want to give discount to RTOC....

Were not missing out on much :)

adscan
19-05-2012, 22:13
seems a bit harsh...why does he not like RTOC?

Rensport5
30-05-2012, 00:38

Have used both and both good.. Use CGB for the ease of payment by card.. always delivered within a few days and really helpful over the phone.. but I'm not a rtoc member so that may be why he likes me lol.

SAM'S O.E R5
30-05-2012, 01:06
Well to be honest why even use cgb when you got mike
He's efficient
Cheaper
Helpful
Etc etc
And 9 times out of 10 got everything u need :agree:

Rensport5
30-05-2012, 11:03

Well to be honest why even use cgb when you got mike
He's efficient
Cheaper
Helpful
Etc etc
And 9 times out of 10 got everything u need :agree:

Like I said.. I've used both.. and think there prices were'nt much different (maybe a £1) and happy with both.. CGB just offer an easier method of payment.. not a lot a difference apart from that

gtmatt
30-05-2012, 12:12

Like I said.. I've used both.. and think there prices were'nt much different (maybe a £1) and happy with both.. CGB just offer an easier method of payment.. not a lot a difference apart from that

:agree::agree: