PDA

View Full Version : 5 gtt turbo heatshield

chris
17-05-2012, 21:29
I have just bought a geniune turbo heatshield and cant work out how its ment to be held on it didnt have one when i bought the car is there some brackets i need

adscan
17-05-2012, 21:32
there should be two holes either side. use bolts and large washers and it bolts onto brackets in the bay. if you put it into position and have a good feel you will find the threaded bolt holes.

chris
17-05-2012, 21:39
Thanks for quick reply so it doesnt bolt to engine it bolts to brackets in engine bay then?

Sparkie
17-05-2012, 21:55
one bracket is attached to the end of the head. - held in place by the two outer bolts closest to the bulkhead. there is a little tang of metal that lurks over the top of the turbo. - the heatshield rests ontop of that and bolts to it.
there is another bracket lurking round by the water pump - but i cant remember exactly where.

chris
17-05-2012, 21:59
one bracket is attached to the end of the head. - held in place by the two outer bolts closest to the bulkhead. there is a little tang of metal that lurks over the top of the turbo. - the heatshield rests ontop of that and bolts to it.
there is another bracket lurking round by the water pump - but i cant remember exactly where.

Thankyou sparkie i will have a look at that tommorow

LiamR
17-05-2012, 23:37
I put mine on last week and Sparkie is spot on. The second mounting point is just behind the water pump. The hole on the heatshield will line up with where it goes.

If u get stuck, just ask and I'll go out and do you a pic.

Good luck :)

chris
18-05-2012, 20:14
I put mine on last week and Sparkie is spot on. The second mounting point is just behind the water pump. The hole on the heatshield will line up with where it goes.

If u get stuck, just ask and I'll go out and do you a pic.

Good luck :)

Cheers mate thats desent of u