PDA

View Full Version : Feels flat?

cook1981
16-05-2012, 21:52
Hi people I've been a five owner for around 3 months now and I've been lucky so far with no major problems(touch wood) I bought it for the daily commute 59 miles as my other car is a Subaru and was crippling me with petrol costs. As I've never owned one before I'd like to know how quick the standard car is meant to be, when I put the foot down I feel the turbo about 2500rpm but after 3500rpm it feels quite flat, the standard boost gauge goes to around 2/3 there's no smoke or no rattles or bangs from the engine, she starts every time and has never let me down(nearly 400 miles a week) but I did expect the car to be faster, also on the oil pressure gauge it sits at about 2.5 bar when hot is this normal for a high milage car 163000, all thoughts welcome thanks in advance for the replies

SirSamuelOfBuca
16-05-2012, 22:09
All normal mate. I thought same thing with mine when I first got it. Problem with t2 is no top end pull. But you do get that quick boost.

If your want some more pull but nothing else and you dont want to race/drag then a t25 would be good and maybe a 270 cam.

I have a gt28r now and it's mental completely different car and it's only at 14psi.

cook1981
17-05-2012, 06:55
All normal mate. I thought same thing with mine when I first got it. Problem with t2 is no top end pull. But you do get that quick boost.

If your want some more pull but nothing else and you dont want to race/drag then a t25 would be good and maybe a 270 cam.

I have a gt28r now and it's mental completely different car and it's only at 14psi.

Thanks for the rely it's good to know it normal. I'll consider the t25 but am just going to leave the car as is at the moment as I need it to be pretty reliable to commute

SirSamuelOfBuca
17-05-2012, 08:14
Np! You can reliably turn the boost up a bit if it's only at 7 psi. I wouldn't put it above 10/12 though.

Not trying to sway you but if afr/carb is setup reliability is not an issue. :) plenty of people on here run silly power setup correctly.

Hope your enjoying the 5 though I love mine!