PDA

View Full Version : Wheels powdercoated

w35ty
16-05-2012, 11:19
After having my williams wheels powder coated i cant seem to re fit the center caps, i take it its the build up of powder? have i got to scratch abit off to get them to fit? Really anoying!

philg
16-05-2012, 11:39
After having my williams wheels powder coated i cant seem to re fit the center caps, i take it its the build up of powder? have i got to scratch abit off to get them to fit? Really anoying!

I would probably have a go with wet and dry, will they not push in with a bit of a push?

w35ty
16-05-2012, 11:43
They go in but not properly like dont want them falling out :crap:

philg
16-05-2012, 11:52
Try to wet and dry the centres then, just take your time, im sure you will get a snug fit.

w35ty
16-05-2012, 12:16
Trying to sort them out now as day off work see how it goes

Sparkie
16-05-2012, 13:00
the problem will come after a session of hard brakeing the wheel will get hot and expand, as will the centre cap - i wonder if you'll be able to get them off?? ;)

w35ty
16-05-2012, 14:12
There off mate carnt get them back on:confused: do they sit on thefirst little lip or slot through cuz i they sit on the little lip theyll end up falling off

Mudslinger
16-05-2012, 18:33
had same prob with mine , bit rag and a rubber mallet sorted it ;)

w35ty
16-05-2012, 22:33
Do they sit on the top small lip or are they suppose to push through abit? As there like the sane size as the top bit no way of pushing them through iv tried eveything today just dont wanna know just easily come out when just sitting on the top can stil see the clip parts if that makes sense?

DLampitt
16-05-2012, 23:09
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

you shouldnt see the clip parts from the front of the alloy they should fit tightly.. id try tapping them in as mentioned above be carefull though dont want to break the clips or the cap... i had a similar problem with one of mine after having my wheels done it went in eventually but just to be safe i put a bit of araldite around the edge but from the inside of the wheel never had a problem after and they looked spot on

w35ty
17-05-2012, 18:03
Tried tapping them in.. If they sit where there sitting now then they go in but not 100% tight like easy to pull off.. I would of thought they poped through the lip:confused:

dangerous dave
17-05-2012, 18:41
Tried tapping them in.. If they sit where there sitting now then they go in but not 100% tight like easy to pull off.. I would of thought they poped through the lip:confused:

i think they do pop in but they are old.. clean up the lip, push them in and silicon them from the back to make sure they dont fly out.. you only need them out for a balance so it'll be ages till you need to cut them free..

try something like sanitry sealer as silicon goes really hard over time, bathroom sealer will be easier to peel off in the future

w35ty
17-05-2012, 20:05
Sound mate il try that, any just been balanced so should be ok