PDA

View Full Version : Quick question regarding Ph1 172 ECU

markey b
16-05-2012, 10:16
hopefully this is the right section, just after a bit of technical advice on behalf of my bro - cliosport seem to be pretty useless (as expected) on this

basically he bought a 172 that had been jump started at reverse polarity, and turns over but doesn't fire, he bought a new unlocked ECU but still non start, no fuel or spark, earthing fuel pump relay (job ECU should do) gives fuel pump but still no signal to coil.

Have heard that there is a 'multi timer unit' thats linked to immobiliser, does anyone know much about these, eg. how to replace, check etc, is it linked to engine ECU after transponder so if multi timer (UCH) is knackered will it still not start?

sorry for the essay, just thought as people have wired in 172 ECU's they must know the ins and outs of how it works :agree:

James5
16-05-2012, 10:23
hopefully this is the right section, just after a bit of technical advice on behalf of my bro - cliosport seem to be pretty useless (as expected) on this

basically he bought a 172 that had been jump started at reverse polarity, and turns over but doesn't fire, he bought a new unlocked ECU but still non start, no fuel or spark, earthing fuel pump relay (job ECU should do) gives fuel pump but still no signal to coil.

Have heard that there is a 'multi timer unit' thats linked to immobiliser, does anyone know much about these, eg. how to replace, check etc, is it linked to engine ECU after transponder so if multi timer (UCH) is knackered will it still not start?

sorry for the essay, just thought as people have wired in 172 ECU's they must know the ins and outs of how it works :agree:

Has the ecu your brother got have an emulator in it? Ecu is matched to immobilser you can get around by having emulator installed. Is it phase 1 or 2 172?

markey b
16-05-2012, 10:37
Has the ecu your brother got have an emulator in it? Ecu is matched to immobilser you can get around by having emulator installed. Is it phase 1 or 2 172?

its from ECU clinic and supposed to be unlocked and tested, i'm not sure about an emulator, is that what makes it 'think' its seeing the multitimer? its a ph1... i knew you would be the man to ask :agree:

James5
16-05-2012, 11:02
its from ECU clinic and supposed to be unlocked and tested, i'm not sure about an emulator, is that what makes it 'think' its seeing the multitimer? its a ph1... i knew you would be the man to ask :agree:

Undo the case should be 3 wires witin going to a little seperate board this is what a phase 1 ecu with emulator should look like

http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=1578&pictureid=5618

I have heard that some ecu clinic ecus done for clios dont even have a 172 map on them

markey b
16-05-2012, 11:08
awesome thanks james :)

as its a ph1 172, will a matching multi timer and key work with the unlocked ECU, so that the ecu gets the correct signals to 'turn on' as we are having trouble finding a complete set of ECU, multitimer and key, we hopefully have a multitimer and key coming this week and hopefully that'll let the ECU work... hopefully lol

Sparkie
25-05-2012, 12:55
might be no help at all...... slightly different field. - but have a look at this:

http://www.hickleys.com/diagnostics/renault_emulator.php