PDA

View Full Version : R5 GTT Hose Kits

Pages : 1 [2]

D4WNO
27-01-2010, 22:33
I imagine he will still cut the deal, get in touch with him :)

Wallace
28-01-2010, 13:08
I imagine he will still cut the deal, get in touch with him :)

Thanks Dawn:agree:

phase i 16 v turbo
28-01-2010, 16:22
Hi, has anyone else had problems with these splitting? I have had two pipes out of separate sets split. Is there any warranty with them? Or am I being heavy handed?

Many thanks

D4WNO
28-01-2010, 16:33
I've no idea, all contact needs to be direct with the guy :)

phase i 16 v turbo
28-01-2010, 16:37
No worries, thanks for the quick reply :agree:

Wallace
28-01-2010, 17:22
Hi, has anyone else had problems with these splitting? I have had two pipes out of separate sets split. Is there any warranty with them? Or am I being heavy handed?

Many thanks

They do offer 12 months warranty according to their ebay store, but you'd have to send them back to china..........perhaps not worth the paper its written on - if you get my drift!

Would like to know myself if people have had problems with them??? because i am looking into buying a set!

I know Scratcher had his water hose bleed nipples sorted out by sfs, due to leaking - if i'm not mistaken?!

But certainly wasn't aware of any splitting???????????

w35ty
10-02-2010, 15:02
Id also like to know of any problems people have had with the hoses if any? as i might get myself a set..

TrixNFlix
10-02-2010, 15:22
Mine leaked from the bleed nipples due to the holes being punched to big in the silicone.
One split slightly when attaching to the bottom of the header tank. Hose that goes from bottom of rad to water pump is too long and so puts a kink in it, restricting water flow. :D

Os8472
10-02-2010, 18:33
Had no trouble with the bleed nipples on mine, the bottom rad hose was too long but and quick slice with a stanley knife sorted that, otherwise can't fault em, I've even bought a new oil breather set and telephone hose from ASI

Bass J
15-03-2010, 19:52
How much does this company let these go for? ...I pm'd Unstablecable about the blue hoses before (pm'd just there incase) said he didnt have any the last time i pm'd him.

Im after a set before saturday in blue :)

Wallace
15-03-2010, 20:28
How much does this company let these go for? ...I pm'd Unstablecable about the blue hoses before (pm'd just there incase) said he didnt have any the last time i pm'd him.

Im after a set before saturday in blue :)

Not got a hope in hell of getting before saturday - they have to come from china!!!!!

Mine took about 3weeks............

jonnyshaw49
15-03-2010, 21:25
i had the same problem with the bleed nipple leaking, also the water pipe that goes onto the top of the turbo split on the bend, other than that they look ok, i could do with the water pipe that goes to the turbo but no one does single black silicone hoses!! so got one o/e one

Bass J
15-03-2010, 21:47
Not got a hope in hell of getting before saturday - they have to come from china!!!!!

Mine took about 3weeks............

Ouch! ...erm ok ..here's hoping unstablecable gets back to me :laugh:

Bass J
18-03-2010, 11:37
Just to let ya'll know that asi performance are selling these hoses at £145 delvered. I e-mailed him with offers and he accepted £145 delivered.

Thought id let you know that he's still holding to that deal put in the previous pages :)

Ill also post when they arrive to give you all an idea how long they take (i ordered blue hoses :) )

benj88
18-03-2010, 13:50
Which hoses do get for that price mate?

Bass J
18-03-2010, 19:07
It was these -
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280314950295

Everything bar the boost hoses :)

Bass J
01-04-2010, 18:18
My hoses came today ..going to fit them over the weekend i recon :)

scratcher
01-04-2010, 18:29
They do offer 12 months warranty according to their ebay store, but you'd have to send them back to china..........perhaps not worth the paper its written on - if you get my drift!

Would like to know myself if people have had problems with them??? because i am looking into buying a set!

I know Scratcher had his water hose bleed nipples sorted out by sfs, due to leaking - if i'm not mistaken?!

But certainly wasn't aware of any splitting???????????

I've only just seen this topic was up again.

The hoses I got leaked very badly from both bleed nipples. I took them into SFS who compared it to their old style hoses with the same type of nipple. There should be a washer between the plys in the hose (a solif bit for the nipple to seal against) but ASI hadn't put it in so I just got the SFS ones with the new style nipples.

I contacted ASI a few times about the problem and never had a reply. I didn't worry too much since the other hoses were all good and the price was so cheap.
I managed to cram some silicone sealant around them and they do seal now, but I've only kept them as spares.

Oh, also... about 67% of the hoses came too long and needed trimming. Mostly the rad hoses.

Bass J
01-04-2010, 21:51
handy to know ..cheers :) ill keep a knife at my side when i fit them :laugh:

Bass J
02-05-2010, 20:36
Ive been having problems with my top rad hose ..it was pissing badly under where the bleed nipple is ... ive replaced it with my standard hose at the mo ..does anyone know how to sort this? ...im thinking take apart the nipple base (giggle) and put a rubber seal in before the bleed nipple base sits.

Just thought id give you all the heads up :smokin:

bigdavec1974
02-05-2010, 21:07
Had the same issue with both bleed nipples but tbh already had sfs coolant hoses, only bought the kit for the rest so no issues for me really

Os8472
03-05-2010, 20:26
The top rad hose on mine split right next to the stat and no it wasn't the jubilee clip it was the rounded ridge of the stat that cut through, explain that one :eek:

I'm going back to SFS thanks, spent too much time at the road side cus of old rubber hoses, I don't fancy the next 6 months breaking down every other trip cus of a cheap silicone hose