PDA

View Full Version : charge cooler pump

GaryS
12-05-2012, 20:35
Hello, how do i wire my pump up? what do i wire it into?

Cheers people. :)

Coops
14-05-2012, 10:40
mines wired to ignition live

philr5t
14-05-2012, 11:26
i wired mine on to a switch so its not on constant with the ignition but you can turn it on or off when you want to, done it this way so the pump is not being used everytime the car is running

hope this helps

James5
14-05-2012, 11:38
i wired mine on to a switch so its not on constant with the ignition but you can turn it on or off when you want to, done it this way so the pump is not being used everytime the car is running

hope this helps

:agree:Mine used to be on a switch also turn it on and off when you need

Woznaldo
14-05-2012, 13:00
When I had one, it was wired up to a boost activated switch that kicked in when the boost rose above 5 psi (I think). I still have the switch.

markey b
14-05-2012, 13:02
When I had one, it was wired up to a boost activated switch that kicked in when the boost rose above 5 psi (I think). I still have the switch.

you can use an OE overboost switch if not, they are adjustable :agree:

Woznaldo
14-05-2012, 13:09
you can use an OE overboost switch if not, they are adjustable :agree:

Are they? I haven't had one in a while so can't really recall how they're put together so, how do you adjust them?

DaveL485
14-05-2012, 18:49
New poster! (less than 10 posts)

But then you're turning it on when it comes on boost and the chargecooler will be hot if it's been off for a while, thus giving you a charge-warmer till the fluid circulates and cools the cores down.

Ignition live, or switch; if you use a manual switch remember to turn it on for half a minute before you hit the go-pedal.

clee
14-05-2012, 19:11
I wire them on a switched relay from ign live usually .Don't want them running when trying start on plastic cars with bad power drains ........You have to remember to switch them on though , an illuminated switch helps .
Fan and pump on a 25amp fused relay seems up to the job .This means you can also run them with engine off ,useful for the competition lads .
Switched to run at X boost is not really the way .The system will be hot and take a while to chill :coffee: