PDA

View Full Version : Cheap car derived extra van 1.4i RN

Thundercat
09-05-2012, 00:38
Just put down deposit on me own van, ticked all the right boxes and then some.
Got roof bars, tow bar, 1.4 on the log book, taxed, tested, car derived with foldable back seat with seat belts and roll bar, Mr Bean hasp and staple on back doors, small amount of rust and couple of dents.
I think we all know whats on the cards for the van, full gt turbo engine and running gear and some 13 inch motorsport alloys.

Penfold aka The Dealer
09-05-2012, 01:09
Good man, Like the idea of foldable back seats... cant be many out there like that.

Thundercat
09-05-2012, 01:34
Very rare, original Renault fitment back seat and roll bar. Interior is interesting, blue dashboard and door cards. Seats front and back actually would of been quite smart when new with patterned insert that match door panels.

Markey Mark (BD)
09-05-2012, 15:33
Everyones going for vans now! :D

Be good to see some pics of it

Thundercat
09-05-2012, 16:27
Pick van up on Monday so picks to follow. Objective to use up some 5 bits and have a useful van.

Ricardo
09-05-2012, 17:18
Everyones going for vans now! :D

Be good to see some pics of it

I did toy with the idea of buying an extra van and dropping a phase 1 Clio 172 lump in it :)

Penfold aka The Dealer
09-05-2012, 17:23
I did toy with the idea of buying an extra van and dropping a phase 1 Clio 172 lump in it :)

Dont toy with the idea... Get it done... A good engine, pretty economical... The van will be perfect for your work etc...

Thundercat
18-06-2012, 18:13
Well update needed, been smoking around in the van and putting it work in many ways. Slowly getting gt parts fitted where time allows. Firstly gave engine a full service as going to do engine swap last, then dug out a micro-scan alarm system, modified alarm to run with a microwave sensor and fitted the lot. Went through all my turbo suspension parts and built up a set of phase 2 struts, fitted them giving about a 2 inch drop and then wrestled rear torsion bars to level van off. Also dug out a set of old retro racing alloys, 13 inch oz motorsports with 3mm spacers to clear front anti-roll bar. Today saw the fitment of a mongoose stainless system which was kindly supplied by James (salty blade), alterations to exhaust tail pipe and temporary fitted to cat and all sounds good.

Jimmy5
18-06-2012, 19:44
Looks well Jon, am glad the exhaust came in handy!

Plus van is running with my old wheels as well lol!

Thundercat
18-06-2012, 20:17
Wheels staying on for now, going to put a set of 15 inch OZ F1s on when there painted.