PDA

View Full Version : exhaust part help

raj
30-11-2008, 00:36
could someone point me in the right direction as im having trouble finding the part.

the part im after is the plate that the 2 long bolts with the tension springs pass through.!

there should be 2 of these plates - one on the downpipe which i have and the other on the exhaust to downpipe pipe.

the exhaust is a 2" bore system.

OUTLAW
30-11-2008, 00:41
not sure if this will help mate...cgb:agree:

raj
30-11-2008, 00:43
not sure if this will help mate...cgb:agree:

mate you really dont understand what i say do you :sad2:

nice try though:D

The new Bill J
30-11-2008, 00:46

Cold mate, with a bit of drizzle. It should be dry by morning though :cool:

OUTLAW
30-11-2008, 00:51

nice try though:D
i will start reading these threads properly:laugh:...i`ll try again..:agree:, maybe this plate?

raj
30-11-2008, 00:54
i will start reading these threads properly:laugh:...i`ll try again..:agree:, maybe this plate?

thats the fecker :agree: its the plate to the left in the picture that im after.

is there anywhere that sell these.?

OUTLAW
30-11-2008, 01:01
mine is actually fixed to the exhaust (scorpion) , you cannot take it off. if it accidently snaped, i would be in the pooh:eek:. what makes the exhaust? can check for you mon:agree:...cause i knew what you where on about..:laugh:

raj
30-11-2008, 01:08
its a 2"bore magnex exhaust.

OUTLAW
30-11-2008, 01:18
you could always try this place mate, speedbox.co.uk .:agree:.

raj
30-11-2008, 01:31
you could always try this place mate, speedbox.co.uk .:agree:.

just looked on there bud, the thing is..i dont know what the part is actually called so i dont know what im looking for :confused: plus it makes things harder when websites dont have pictures of the parts there selling.

OUTLAW
30-11-2008, 09:13
having thought about this, that plate will come of the exhaust, if i remove the middle section. (its been a few months since i`ve been under a 5) i think i have one down the garage;)....i will check in a while:agree:.

Trevhib
30-11-2008, 10:57

Ouch. Worst exhaust ev-er. :(

Tbf, they don't knock and are quiet, which is top of some people's list. :agree:

raj
30-11-2008, 10:57
having thought about this, that plate will come of the exhaust, if i remove the middle section. (its been a few months since i`ve been under a 5) i think i have one down the garage;)....i will check in a while:agree:.

ok bud, nice1 :agree:

raj
30-11-2008, 11:01
Ouch. Worst exhaust ev-er. :(

Tbf, they don't knock and are quiet, which is top of some people's list. :agree:

trev, whys it the worst exhaust.?
im not complaining as it was on the car when i bought it.

tbh i wanted to fit a sidey but this option is going to be cheaper, so im unfortunately having to stick with it.

Trevhib
30-11-2008, 11:20
For all the different exhausts I've had Raj, the Magnex 2" has been the worst but for the two things I mentioned above. It seemed the most restrictive, especially at the top end (no doubt thanks to the built-in restrictor half way up its chuff), had the least character in it's note, had a crap rolled in tail and a badge on the exit that was half visible when fitted.

The restrictor probably improved low down torque. I couldn't be sure.

You're right though mate, you have to go with what saves the £'s in today's climate :(

raj
30-11-2008, 11:31
For all the different exhausts I've had Raj, the Magnex 2" has been the worst but for the two things I mentioned above. It seemed the most restrictive, especially at the top end (no doubt thanks to the built-in restrictor half way up its chuff), had the least character in it's note, had a crap rolled in tail and a badge on the exit that was half visible when fitted.

The restrictor probably improved low down torque. I couldn't be sure.

You're right though mate, you have to go with what saves the £'s in today's climate :(

ahh ok i get you bud:agree:

where abouts is this restrictor located.?

tbh im still actually thinking about the sidey, will defo get one if a 2nd hand one pops up thats not expensive.
only thing is i dont like the look of the empty space left from loosing the rear silencer when fitting a sidey.:rolleyes:

Trevhib
30-11-2008, 11:44
The restrictor in a Magnex, from memory, is in the end of the middle section, just before the union with the back box. It's an insert of a few inches long (from what I could see), that creates a narrowing of the pipe. It would need drilling out. I believe it's possible, I'm sure Ian S did it many moons ago.

I know what you're saying about a sidey. Even if you have the rear bumper filled in properly, if you then get fed up with the noise of the sidey, you're stuck. Lol.

raj
30-11-2008, 12:24
ive found what i need now on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MILD-STEEL-10MM-EXHAUST-FLANGE-2_W0QQitemZ300271793018QQihZ020QQcategoryZ38786QQt cZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262) :).

Trevhib
30-11-2008, 13:12
Hold on, isn't that bit usually already on the exhaust? It can't go missing because of the shaped ends of the crossover pipe can it?

Or is this bit the one that goes on the downpipe and can therefore slip off/on the back end?

OUTLAW
30-11-2008, 13:22
Hold on, isn't that bit usually already on the exhaust? It can't go missing because of the shaped ends of the crossover pipe can it?

Or is this bit the one that goes on the downpipe and can therefore slip off/on the back end?
that plate is on the exhaust, not downpipe. your right it cannot come of the front, maybe, slide off to middle section to remove...meaning to go and check....bloody rain:crap:.... raj, it should be with the exhaust though....? :agree:

MR TURBO
30-11-2008, 13:47
Have you had any luck with this part yet raj??

raj
30-11-2008, 14:49
Have you had any luck with this part yet raj??

yes mate, ive sourced the part i need, check post 18#:).

even though ive sourced the part, im now slipping more towards a side exit system now. its just a case of finding one for not much money:rolleyes: ive actually got the short part of the sidey system so just need the L-shape pipe.

MR TURBO
30-11-2008, 14:56
yes mate, ive sourced the part i need, check post 18#:).

even though ive sourced the part, im now slipping more towards a side exit system now. its just a case of finding one for not much money:rolleyes: ive actually got the short part of the sidey system so just need the L-shape pipe.

Why don't u just get an l-shape pipe made up it shouldn't cost that much and should be dead easy to do i'm sure a man of your calibre could even do it!!!

raj
30-11-2008, 14:59
Why don't u just get an l-shape pipe made up it shouldn't cost that much and should be dead easy to do i'm sure a man of your calibre could even do it!!!

i could, but its time and the fact i cant be bothered faffing around:ashamed:

MR TURBO
30-11-2008, 15:06
i could, but its time and the fact i cant be bothered faffing around:ashamed:

A man of your capabilities as seen on your profile and by the look of your 5 i would if i were you or else it maybe a long wait i see sideys going for stupid money plus imo they are bloody loud and kick out nasty residues forget wearing good slacks or white trainers and walking around the car whilst its running hahahahahhahah the memories LOL :D:D

raj
30-11-2008, 15:12
A man of your capabilities as seen on your profile and by the look of your 5 i would if i were you or else it maybe a long wait i see sideys going for stupid money plus imo they are bloody loud and kick out nasty residues forget wearing good slacks or white trainers and walking around the car whilst its running hahahahahhahah the memories LOL :D:D

residues:confused:
ive had sidey on 2 previous 5s and had no residues! maybe your car had a cold :laugh:

thanks for the praise mate:) tbh my hearts slipping away from the 5:( i just want to get it finished and sold before i totally loose interest in it.

MR TURBO
30-11-2008, 15:17
residues:confused:
ive had sidey on 2 previous 5s and had no residues! maybe your car had a cold :laugh:

thanks for the praise mate:) tbh my hearts slipping away from the 5:( i just want to get it finished and sold before i totally loose interest in it.

Yeah used to spit black oily like stuff maybe beacuse the exit is closer to the engine and comes out alot quicker than travelling through a whole exhaust system where it probably gets caught along the way.... As for your interests in 5's i'm sad to hear that sounds like you need to get your mojo back come on dogg i thought you were one of the veterans like goonies never say die!!!! :D:D

raj
30-11-2008, 15:33
Yeah used to spit black oily like stuff maybe beacuse the exit is closer to the engine and comes out alot quicker than travelling through a whole exhaust system where it probably gets caught along the way.... As for your interests in 5's i'm sad to hear that sounds like you need to get your mojo back come on dogg i thought you were one of the veterans like goonies never say die!!!! :D:D

lol @ goonies :D

dont get me wrong, i love 5s and would always love to own one if money wasnt an issue.
im finding them abit boring now, not because they are but because ive owned sooo many one after another. i just need to try something else which will make me recapture the lurve for them:pimp: