View Full Version : For Them interested at Phils surrey meet 2/5/12

R5MJH
04-05-2012, 15:37
hi all, had that crank looked at today and the general idea is to get the end now metal sprayed, also going to the engine shop the guy recommended using the services of guildford autos services, to check tolerances on bigs/mains, after speaking to the guy on the phone they will machine main/bigs for around £70+vat, i think this is very reasonable, in this price they also crack test the crank, so when it comes back it will be fully recon'ed lovely for a total of around £160, just to let anyone interested know tc guys thanx mick

philr5t
04-05-2012, 15:53
good stuff mate now get it all done and sling the new engine in :):agree:

Markey Mark (BD)
04-05-2012, 16:15
I thought you had crank machined/checked already when you were fitting the new bearings to it?

R5MJH
04-05-2012, 16:20
we bought the bottom end complete the guy said he had the crank reground but you never know, what i do know is all the shells were new i checked them, the engine only done max of 2k on that bottom end but theres about 3mm of iron filling in the sump :cry:, we are just going to get it double checked, if it needs regrinding, they will only regrind if needed as they check tolerances first mate

Markey Mark (BD)
04-05-2012, 16:49
If fitting new bearings i would have the crank cleaned/faced on the journals anyway so the bearings have nice clean and flat face to bed into weather it needs oversize bearings or not ;)

R5MJH
04-05-2012, 17:39
The guy said he would still polish journals regardless mark so it will have all new shells and thrust washers from mike too