PDA

View Full Version : Radiator Fan Motors

markg
02-05-2012, 21:28
Just testing the water here to see if there is any interest. I have been looking for a replacement radiator fan motor to replace the OE unit on my 5 GT Turbo. At best they are 20 years old and I am sure there is a few other people who would also be interested in replacing for piece of mind. Mine also had the cables starting to pull out of the motor body so I was hesitant to refit. Prices that I found seemed to be around £100 for a replacement motor, I expect even more from a main dealer.

I have managed to find a supplier of replacement Valeo motors, I have one here and it looks identical to the existing unit. Therefore it appears to just be a case of swapping the plastic fan blade from your old fan over to the new motor and refitting. I am still waiting to confirm costs if I wanted a bulk purchase from the supplier but its looking like they will be £39 delivered (UK) or less.

So if anyone is interest add your name to this thread. If there is interest I will pursue it further otherwise nothing lost. No guarantee's this will definitely come off but I wanted to see if there was interest before spending time trying to sort it.

Big Steve - Raider
02-05-2012, 21:31
Big Steve - Raider X2 (as long as they're OE looking)

Have you figured out how to get the fan-blade off BTW??

markg
02-05-2012, 21:49
Steve, Looks identical to the old unit. I will try and get some pictures up in the next day or two. I just took the blade off my old unit. Dead easy, reverse thread if I am not mistaken. :)

jesus in the seat of a 5
03-05-2012, 19:11
id be up for one mark...:agree::)

Phoenix Autosport
31-05-2012, 01:30
posted in wrong section - pls delete