PDA

View Full Version : smartphone

J$£5GTT
01-05-2012, 17:02
which shall it be?,be tied with apples i-phone 4s?,or shall i go htc?,or.....samsung galaxy?

one thing i like about the htc's is that you can get to the battery,carry a back up with you.

:)

markey b
01-05-2012, 17:15
iphone 4s all the way

TNT Tricky Nicky
01-05-2012, 17:15
i found the iphone to be very limited compared to android phones, was a 3g version which i changed to a htc. Not sure the newer versions are much better but only had a quick play on a friends.

as you say i also worried about the battery life span, got to the point i was charging it every night, if i forgot it would die mid afternoon, had to buy a little, well it was 1/3 of the size of the phone, back up battery which clipped on the bottom.

if the iphone wasn't so expensive I'd have another one but for the money i think there are far better phones out there, unless you use an ipod regularly but even then all android phones can convert your itunes library anyway

Romil Davda
01-05-2012, 17:31
iphone 4s all the way

Totally :agree::agree::agree:

Got my iPhone 4s last week (had a iPhone 3 previously) and it is the business, well pleased :smokin:

Brigsy
01-05-2012, 17:35
Iphone 4s you know it makes sense j... From what ive seen with htc im not impressed tbh

Trevhib
01-05-2012, 17:46
Iphone 4s you know it makes sense j... From what ive seen with htc im not impressed tbh

I am exactly the opposite Jon, lol.

I will never have an iphone for many reasons; cost, restrictive, enforced itunes, no flash content. My HTC Desire HD and my brother's Galaxy S2 are amazing phones. I've had mine 18months and it's been a joy.

I'd go with the S2 atm, although it's been on top for a while so I'm expecting a new king of the hill in the near term. Whatever happens, it's Android all the way.

The new Bill J
01-05-2012, 17:55
I upgraded my iPhone 3g to a 4 last year, as I was an iPhone man :D. This last month or so though, I've grown to hate the thing! The battery lasts 5 minutes, you're locked into iTunes, it's as slow as 5hite, and it's tiny in comparison with some of the stuff out there. Also, I don't know if it's just my crap hearing, but the ring volume on it is turd as well. When it's in my pocket and I'm outside, I can't for the life of me hear it ringing! I'd quite happily offload it and buy something different - Even though I'm not 'up there' with what's what in the phone world these days.

Still, only 18 months left on my contract :mad: :cry:

Nick k
01-05-2012, 18:04
I've just changed back to a iPhone 4s from a htc desire hd and before that a iPhone 3G . Each has there's differences but I found the battery life on my htc was a joke, hence back on iPhone. I have a asus android tablet too running ice cream sandwich so I have the best of both worlds now :) android works well with Facebook, twitter etc but the apps that iPhone get out way what the android market gets. What do you want the phone for? Apps or social networking?

dangerous dave
01-05-2012, 18:04
I hated the htc desire hd, I could slag it off for hours, felt cheap, battery was shocking, 3 hours life, typing was poor compared to the iPhone, flash yes but it took so long to open pages I gave up.

I paid 550, sold it 2 weeks later for 300 less eBay/PayPal fees. In the end I wasted £300 getting the htc and went and got another iPhone

Brilliant out the box, perhaps you can change setting to increase battery life, add program's, and other stuff, but I don't want to.. I don't pay 500 and the. Try and make the phone better, that's there fuucking job, the iPhone at a great standard and I don't need anything more.

I use my iPhone to 10% of its capability and it works well, the htc let me down everytime I picked it up when asked to do simple things.

rew
01-05-2012, 18:10
id go with s2, although just had to send my back as apparently there is a common fault with the usb/charging port that makes them believe they are charging all the time and thus ruining the battery charge!!

other then that its a great phone and much much more compatible then in iphone ( iv owned a 3g and a 3gs) it does everything a small p.c can do, and it will amaze you with its advances in technology!

get an s2, or if you plan on working with your car alot, a nexus as they have an Oleophobic coating on screen to make it more durable and basically scratch proof!

philg
01-05-2012, 18:31
I phone for me to, I love mine, never have any issues with my battery. like said the apps are great and they have good re-sale prices to.

D4WNO
01-05-2012, 18:55
Adam and I always have this arguement, I have an iPhone 4, he's just got the new HTC One and he completely BUMS it.

To be fair, I am jealous of his battery life as I have to charge mine every night (I do use it a lot though), along with his 8MP camera and he's only jealous of my games lol

dangerous dave
01-05-2012, 19:30
Adam and I always have this arguement, I have an iPhone 4, he's just got the new HTC One and he completely BUMS it.

To be fair, I am jealous of his battery life as I have to charge mine every night (I do use it a lot though), along with his 8MP camera and he's only jealous of my games lol

i charge mine everynight, i would anyway.. i can run it down in half a day if i play on it flat out, but i really should have better things to do..

my htc ran out without using it, take it off charge and its dead at 11am some days, 5 pm others and i never used it.. i use my iphone as and when i like and i never worry about battery.. i went away and forgot my charger and it didn't need charging all weekend, but i could have at any point as everyone & I MEAN EVERYONE i know had an iphone + charger.. there not just sheep, they tried, they liked..

can't say the same for htc myself..

Adam L
01-05-2012, 19:39
My htc one ****s on the I phone, and it seems every review agrees on that too as its been called the most advanced phone available at the moment. The battery seems to be twice as durable as my htc desire, which admittedly was a bit poor. It looks the bollocks, where as the I phone looks like a brick. The hd camera is amazing (my desire even had a great camera), it supports flash player, there are apps for I tunes it has voice functions and far more...

Gibbo69
01-05-2012, 19:48
iPhone 4gs .... All the way :) have an Htc for work and it is complicated ... An overall pants phone !!!

TNT ANDY
01-05-2012, 19:57
I've got a HTC Wildfire - ****e
The Mrs has a Galaxsy S2 - pheonominal phone
Iphone - really fragile, great phones but you're buying the name and restricting your movements.

If I were in the market again I'd be looking at the HTC 1 and the Samsung S2

DaveMayGTT
01-05-2012, 20:02
Glad to see some sense at the end of the thread. Get the HTC one, there is nothing else that can come even close to it.

dangerous dave
01-05-2012, 20:13
My htc one ****s on the I phone, and it seems every review agrees on that too as its been called the most advanced phone available at the moment. The battery seems to be twice as durable as my htc desire, which admittedly was a bit poor. It looks the bollocks, where as the I phone looks like a brick. The hd camera is amazing (my desire even had a great camera), it supports flash player, there are apps for I tunes it has voice functions and far more...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aigwu-3-XJw&feature=related

this sums me up... :)

Bunje
01-05-2012, 20:28
I have always been an iphone man but i decided this time round id have a change and got the galaxy s2 and i think to be honest. There is pros and cons for both. The customization of the s2 is nice to have the android app store seems to have more apps for free than apple but the iphone has far superior build quality. The battery on the iphone is a problem the s2 lasts around double the time. the s2 is very light compared to the iphone and the iphone feels more robust the s2 feels a little flimsy. The camera on the s2 is fantastic has proper settings like a real camera. So like i say pros and cons for both and no two people will ever agree on which is a better phone than the iphone. Depends if you like to be the same as everyone else or you like to have something different

J$£5GTT
01-05-2012, 20:35
£219.99 ? that a steal for a phone like this?

http://store.three.co.uk/view/product/ql_catalog/threecatdevice/2441;jsessionid=B5E3919BF3827A7EC98F742BB364F0F2?p riceplan=PAYG

id like to point out my current phone is an old sony ericsson w995 and it works fine as just as phone with music on it,so im just trying to make a choice of what i could go for,most seem to have lots of tech way beyond what i may use and are used to but then again once i get a smart phone and get familiar with it may i wonder why i ever lived with out one?

most people seem to have there head down to there phone these days and im wondering if thats why,theres so much they can do they can take over and become very addictive?