PDA

View Full Version : Wiper blades

Junglist
23-04-2012, 19:16
:ashamed:
I havnt bought a new wipers in about 5 years , as the 5 has probally done about 1000 miles in that time with about only 10 of them in the rain.

So ive got rid of the single wiper as its clunking and only wiping half the window started to grip my sh@t.

I have bought a second hand standard setup,

What im wondering is the pastic ends on the end of the arms ( like sleeves ) are cracked and faded, my old one had a U shaped end not flat like these.

Do these pastic ends come with new wipers or sold seperatly ?

thanks, Dan

J$£5GTT
23-04-2012, 19:45
usually when you purchase new wipers you get a little bag with various adapters etc.
:)

Junglist
25-04-2012, 21:50
ive been to Renault today these parts dont come with the blades , but they sell them seperatly, i find out the price tomorrow once they have been ordered cant be much.
Going to replace both as they are nearly grey lol.

Pete@Backyard Racing
25-04-2012, 22:48
Sounds like you have ph1 wiper arms. And yes the parts you want are a Renault main dealer part you don't get them with wiper blades.

Phoenix Autosport
25-04-2012, 23:17
i tried to get some of those and was told they come as part of the wiper arm and cant be bought on their own, oh and the wiper arms were £40 each :eek::eek::eek:
if you can order some i dont suppose you fancy getting a few extras and i would pay you to post them to me

Junglist
26-04-2012, 19:02
Dealer phoned me this morning with the price 50euro each , they do come as a complete arm :crap:, weired.
So i went to nearest scappy and took a pair from an old Saab for free. :).

I wonder if Saab sell them on their own .
Had a quick google search there is a VW (i think) site, a guy with the same problem says he got them for 50p each from dealer.

So do phase 2 arms have the hook type ends do they ?? seems ive been sold wrong item then from simply automotive

J$£5GTT
26-04-2012, 19:23
phase 2 has hook arms