PDA

View Full Version : Ring trip October 18th-21st 2008

Pages : 1 [2]

Lomo
15-10-2008, 18:01
Hey guys/girls.

Got back from the Ring on Monday night and have to say what a delightful weekend! Managed 3 laps but had to que for 1 1/2 hours due to 2 accidents...It was twice as busy as the first time I went out in May with you guys!! Unfortunately I was already in line when they closed it otherwise I'd of waited for the mayhem to die down! My first lap was like racing on the M25!!:sad2:..They really should do something when its like that! It was too dangerous to rag it if Im honest..The next two laps were much better as the rush had gone....well pleased with my last lap..9 minutes 42 secs...I had a smile all the way home!! :D

Have a wicked weekend guys and all come back in one piece!! have fun troopers!

Lomo :smokin:

EmmaB510
15-10-2008, 18:11
good show lomo :D you're making me jelous!

Enjoy this weekend guys....I'm jetting off to Canada with some team GB synchro swimmers but will def be at the ring next year :D bring it on :laugh:

Penfold aka The Dealer
15-10-2008, 18:45
Ok 1 huge major f*ck up from Gunters gone on here...

I have email proof that is there mis understanding of English, but basically I sent them the final confirmation of rooms and they have messed up the "guesthouse" list and Gunters have booked 4 rooms in the guest house (Meant to be 2 double rooms).

I pointed out the mistake on there part and there response was this

"sorry but its to late to storno the guesthouses so your friends must pay a schmal Money for the three doublerooms.
I think 50 Euro per double room for three day is not to mutch for your friends for Storno the rooms.
So i have book it for you and now its only two double room thats not o.k"

Now i have also been told that J & Jesus are not attending.. So that means we could be paying for 3 empty rooms..

Now i am not happy but everytime i ring them i get told "email only english" and emails arent fast to reply.

I am tempted to f*ck Gunters off completly even tho they have been very helpfull, but i am not being stitched up for 3 empty double room's.

D4WNO
15-10-2008, 18:49
That's really confusing. Are we gonna try book somewhere else then? I'll just do what I'm told

Adey aka Ewok
15-10-2008, 18:56
wtf? i aint in for paying for rooms that arnt been used

Penfold aka The Dealer
15-10-2008, 19:14
wtf? i aint in for paying for rooms that arnt been used

Ok I think we may only be paying a cancelation fee of €150 euro's, We would have to pay a cancelation fee for 1 room as that the room for J & Jesus's. I wish that they had told us sooner that they were going to cancel, they havent even told me yet but have told another member going on this trip.

I dont know how exactly Gunters made the error, i am going through all my emails right now.

If i am reading dodgy English correctly its only €150 cancelation fee, between 15 of us its only €10 each...

Perhaps its worth keeping the peace for €10 per person. I will confirm this once i have 100% confirmation from Gunters.

6FOOT6
15-10-2008, 19:22
J and Jesus shold be billed , 3 days to go its a piss take.:rolleyes:

let me get this right, its 150 euros if we cancel the booking, or its now going to cost each of us another 50 euros for double rooms?
so it was 155 euros if memory serves and now will cost 205?
plus 10 euro chip in for the cancel feefor there room? 215 in total then?
Its prob too late to book anywhere else.

D4WNO
15-10-2008, 19:25
Just had a load of missed calls lol, sorry Shoppers, Kris and Tom :laugh:

Tom, read Chris' post above yours

Bigfoot
15-10-2008, 19:57
Just had a load of missed calls lol, sorry Shoppers, Kris and Tom :laugh:

Tom, read Chris' post above yours

I aint got your number to give you a missed call :cry:

But I agree, why should we pay for somebody cancelling this late on. Dont want to offend jesus (dont know what sort of things he can do) but cancelling this late is not right.

Its been 195 euros from the start. Which that is what we should all pay as what has been agreed on.

Penfold aka The Dealer
15-10-2008, 20:08
I know we have agreed on paying €195 per double room but now there is an empty room to be paid for..... they have agreed to give us a cancelaton fee but not just on that 1 room over 3.

Now i think its better to accept the €150 cancelation fee for the 3 rooms rather than upset gunters and refust to pay for them 3 rooms.

Because in theory they could of charged us full rate for the cancelation of J & Jesus's room, which would be more.

Kris M
15-10-2008, 21:01
I`l go with the flow

6FOOT6
15-10-2008, 21:29
I know we have agreed on paying €195 per double room but now there is an empty room to be paid for..... they have agreed to give us a cancelaton fee but not just on that 1 room over 3.

Now i think its better to accept the €150 cancelation fee for the 3 rooms rather than upset gunters and refust to pay for them 3 rooms.

Because in theory they could of charged us full rate for the cancelation of J & Jesus's room, which would be more.

so we cancel all 3 and rebook new ones?

D4WNO
15-10-2008, 21:31
Noooooooooooooo, the guesthouse is run by friends of Gunthers so Shoppers booked all the rooms for main hotel and guesthouse through Gunthers...but they messed up the guesthouse rooms and we have too many

Mart
15-10-2008, 21:38
We would have to pay a cancelation fee for 1 room as that the room for J & Jesus's. I wish that they had told us sooner that they were going to cancel, they havent even told me yet but have told another member going on this trip.

Sorry, but in my book that is fecking out of order. Bad enough letting you guys down at the last minute, let alone finding out about it 3rd hand.

Poor show chaps :sad2:

If it were me, unless there's a genuine reason why they can't now attend, I'd be asking J & Jesus to pay the cancellation fee. Bit unfair asking everyone else to pick up their bill as such.

jesus in the seat of a 5
16-10-2008, 05:44
Sorry, but in my book that is fecking out of order. Bad enough letting you guys down at the last minute, let alone finding out about it 3rd hand.

Poor show chaps :sad2:

If it were me, unless there's a genuine reason why they can't now attend, I'd be asking J & Jesus to pay the cancellation fee. Bit unfair asking everyone else to pick up their bill as such.

Im willing to chip in , even being as it wasnt my car going...:eek:, id not want you lads an lasses to get stung like,its called work mart and the fact that i was not even organising it!!:),damn its hard to write nothing negative regards such comments, hey im not perfect despite my name!!:(, like i say , sorry people, you know im allways game, next time im takin my own car and doing the booking!!,once again sorry, if it cannot be sorted i wont let you all down and leave you high n dry, even though i know people have bailled out on other events.........................................:la ugh:

Mart
16-10-2008, 08:20
Cool. That's v noble of you to pick up the cancellation fee :agree:

If you can't make it, fair enough, it's just the way it was found out you guys weren't going, and at such short notice. And because of that, it would've meant the others would've had to pick up your tab.

All sorted now though :agree: :)

6FOOT6
16-10-2008, 13:31
Fanks Mart Fanks:cooter:

D4WNO
16-10-2008, 13:46
Checklist of what you NEED if not already sorted:

Passport
Travel Insurance
European Medical Card (if you have one)
Tell Insurance company you'll be in Europe (print off docs if required)
Breakdown cover
Mobile phone charger
European plug adaptor
Charge up Sat Nav
Charge walkie talkies if you're taking them
Redbull - This is a must lol
Oh and have a read of this (originally posted by Duncs) - It's a really interesting read

http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/beginners.html (http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/beginners.html)

Postcode for Eurotunnel: CT18 8XX

Postcode for Ferry: CT16 1JA

Get that in ya sat-navs and see you early Saturday morning, wooohooo!!! :cool2:

6FOOT6
16-10-2008, 14:09

Passport
Travel Insurance
Breakdown cover
Mobile phone charger
European plug adaptor
Charge up Sat Nav
Oh and have a read of this (originally posted by Duncs) - It's a really interesting read

http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/beginners.html (http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/beginners.html)

Postcode for Ferry: CT16 1JA

Get that in ya sat-navs and see you early Saturday morning, wooohooo!!! :cool2:
i love it when a woman takes charge:agree:

Bigfoot
16-10-2008, 14:59
i love it when a woman takes charge:agree:

Is Dawn making pack lunches for us :yeah:

D4WNO
16-10-2008, 15:06
Is Dawn making pack lunches for us :yeah:

Is she fook! :laugh:

Bigfoot
16-10-2008, 15:09
Is she fook! :laugh:

BOOOOOOOOO:disagree: :laugh:

Penfold aka The Dealer
16-10-2008, 15:44

Passport- Cant find- will find
Travel Insurance - Done
European Medical Card (if you have one) - Done
Tell Insurance company you'll be in Europe (print off docs if required)- to do
Breakdown cover - Got
Mobile phone charger - got
European plug adaptor - Dont need
Charge up Sat Nav - Done
Charge walkie talkies if you're taking them - Not taking one
Redbull - This is a must lol - Red bull and blue aftershock FTW

Postcode for Ferry: CT16 1JA - What about the return journeys?

jesus in the seat of a 5
16-10-2008, 15:50
Cool. That's v noble of you to pick up the cancellation fee :agree:

If you can't make it, fair enough, it's just the way it was found out you guys weren't going, and at such short notice. And because of that, it would've meant the others would've had to pick up your tab.

All sorted now though :agree: :)

I didnt realise i had to report back to you..i didnt say id pick up all of the bill , this is all one sided as it was jay going , i was just a passenger, i wasnt organising bugger all, i dont recall anyone else pullin out of any trip an payin out!!!!

I would have maybe come in my car if driving wasnt a problem as i have cut my hand with a chainsaw @ work, still as in life , the nice guys allways have to take the rough with the smooth i guess.:rolleyes:.

I put my mobile all over this site , if you want to disscuss anything call me, 07790069063.

D4WNO
16-10-2008, 15:53
Now with added return details:

Passport
Travel Insurance
Breakdown cover
Mobile phone charger
European plug adaptor
Charge up Sat Nav

Postcode for Eurotunnel - WAY OUT: CT18 8XX
Postcode for Eurotunnel - WAY IN:
B.P. 69
F-62904 Coquelles Cιdex
France

Postcode for Ferry - WAY OUT: CT16 1JA
Postcode for Ferry - WAY IN:
Terminale Roulier
Du Port Quest
Loon Plage
F51279

jesus in the seat of a 5
16-10-2008, 16:17
I didnt realise i had to report back to you..i didnt say id pick up all of the bill , this is all one sided as it was jay going , i was just a passenger, i wasnt organising bugger all, i dont recall anyone else pullin out of any trip an payin out!!!!

I would have maybe come in my car if driving wasnt a problem as i have cut my hand with a chainsaw @ work, still as in life , the nice guys allways have to take the rough with the smooth i guess.:rolleyes:.

I put my mobile all over this site , if you want to disscuss anything call me, 07790069063.

Just to add to this , i really dont mind "chipping in" despite me not going but as i say , i feel im carrying the can on this one as it seems that despite me not being the organiser of the car going etc etc, which i thought would be a doddle as i could sit back and enjoy, it seems im answering to the posts etc and receiveing the flack!, o.k. i cant come for one thing and another but ill not take to it getting personal etc, people are allways diving out of trips ive been on and i dont see them puttin their hands in their pockets or responding to threads regarding themselves being a pisstake......rant over!

jesus in the seat of a 5
16-10-2008, 16:30
Gotta say , im fecked off regards this, im a descent chap ,allways willin to help and being as there is a problem now, its no different!!!!:(, how comes i didnt get a text last night?, ....:mad:, wish i didnt care or even consider myself a good part of the club right ' this moment.

Lomo
16-10-2008, 16:34
Talk about caught redhanded with a camera!! :laugh: granted I was driving at the time so not guilty!

http://www.trackshoots.de/Galerie/displayimage.php?album=71&pos=1037

D4WNO
16-10-2008, 16:41
Lol, awesome picture though Iain. Love the concentration on your face :laugh:

jesus in the seat of a 5
16-10-2008, 16:44
funny how no one has replied to my posts......feck it...:rolleyes:

Lomo
16-10-2008, 16:47

Ive no idea whats going on Matt so forgive me for adding that link in the middle of your rant..I thought it was funny after them saying about cameras that the picture of me from the weekend has my passenger commiting every crime possible...

peace out....:smokin:

Bigfoot
16-10-2008, 16:53
Ive no idea whats going on Matt so forgive me for adding that link in the middle of your rant..I thought it was funny after them saying about cameras that the picture of me from the weekend has my passenger commiting every crime possible...

Some nice pictures coming from that site. many with cameras :laugh: get a private plate next time

jesus in the seat of a 5
16-10-2008, 16:59

Cheers lom` good buddy , nice pic mate, love the ring in Autumn!!!, cheers dale also for the pm, jesus is calming down now....:laugh:

Lomo
16-10-2008, 17:00
Some nice pictures coming from that site. many with cameras :laugh: get a private plate next time

:laugh:

Might just take one of the neighbours reg's with me next time....:cooter:

Another cool website someones just pointed in my direction...

http://capitol.dynalias.org:8080/photo/photo_one.php?dir=4e75726275726772696e675f30383130 3132&name=44534330303538332e4a5047

Bigfoot
16-10-2008, 17:05
I want to play with the Porsche Carerra GT :cry:

Saw that car when we went last year. thats just an awesome car plus the noise that makes :smokin:

Lomo
16-10-2008, 17:13
:bothered:
I want to play with the Porsche Carerra GT :cry:

Saw that car when we went last year. thats just an awesome car plus the noise that makes :smokin:

Quite a funny story regarding that GT. An English guy in an R8 was parked up and loving the fact his car was pulling the looks....Right in the middle of one of his hoorahenry comments that Porsche parked next to him...You should of seen the crowd fek him off!! :laugh::laugh: He was devastated!!!:bothered:

You get an idea of it in this picture...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1510819&l=53140&id=730539358

Bigfoot
16-10-2008, 18:17
Knew I put my European Medical Card in a safe place. It was in my passport :ashamed:

Ricardo
16-10-2008, 18:36
Shweeet!! Deffo helps having a newer car :D I'm with the AA and have purchased euro cover for the 3 days....... £24

Told the insurance company i'm travelling in Europe, they've upped the cover in Europe to fully comp for the 3 days for no extra charge :cool:

Adey aka Ewok
16-10-2008, 18:37

i love u

Bigfoot
16-10-2008, 19:20
i love u

The RTOC love is there http://www.beatlelinks.net/ubb/smilies/inlove3.gif

6FOOT6
16-10-2008, 19:31
I cant get breakdown cover in Europe as my car is over 17/18 years old :cry:

Bigfoot
16-10-2008, 19:40
I cant get breakdown cover in Europe as my car is over 17/18 years old :cry:

The AA charge more if your car is over 15 years old, but is it worth it as they will more than likely recover it to a local garage and leave it there. They wont bring it back. And they go off the glass guide price :(

Adey aka Ewok
16-10-2008, 19:43
i just got it for 7.28 for the last 2 months of my policy

Kris M
16-10-2008, 19:48
mine was £55 :crap:

minty83
16-10-2008, 20:13
i had this problem with the aa but in the end i told them about the agreed evaluation, problem solved, still cost me 56 quid and iv already got aa cover as well:mad:

Penfold aka The Dealer
16-10-2008, 21:16
I paid £96 for an annual Multi European trip on my Clio Diesel, problem is it only covers that car, so when/if i take the 5 it will be a different story.

Penfold aka The Dealer
16-10-2008, 21:22
Gotta say , im fecked off regards this, im a descent chap ,allways willin to help and being as there is a problem now, its no different!!!!:(, how comes i didnt get a text last night?, ....:mad:, wish i didnt care or even consider myself a good part of the club right ' this moment.

Jesus, TBH i cant be bebothered to chase you and J up via email/pm/txt's, i am not going to chase you guys for the hotel penalty. The group will take the cost, if individual members feel like they are owed €10 then they can take it up with you and J.

I am not getting to an arguement with anybody over this as this is also my time away and i get fed up with all the emails between hotel and myself over the cost.

As for next year's ring trip's they will be different, 100% Crossing up front, 100% Hotel deposit up front... no refunds. Sorts the boys out from the men as Mart would say. - And no thats not a dig at Jesus or J.

I personally cant wait to get out to Germany and have a few Beers and some nice steak... oh yeh and drive the best track in the world with the best people there aswell.

I am Gutted Jesus and J cant make it as there part of the Orginal RTOC-Ring group.

Ricardo
16-10-2008, 21:40
Shopboy, i'm looking forward to this weekend, just a shame a couple of things have gone t1ts up. I for 1 appreciate the time and effort you and anyone else has put in for this trip, organising anything can often be a thankless task :crap: Bring on the Saturday night, we'll have a few beers :)

jaffa
16-10-2008, 21:58
just reading this carry on yeah whoever was driving and matt should have let the organiser know that plans had changed and if its deffo costing others more then yeah that should be sorted too imo...but there is deffo instances of "the kettle calling the pot black" in the above posts regarding organising or posting up events and then saying there not comin or just not turning up or never comin in a car of there own...my rant over and i dont care less if know one listens :cry:;)

btw full money up front at least 2 months in advance or GET F****d in the future gets my vote :)

jaffa
16-10-2008, 21:59
matt let it pass m8...and hope your w*****G hand gets better soon pal :laugh:

Ricardo
16-10-2008, 22:05
Too right Jaffa, regards people initially putting their names down months in advance and then bailing out whenever they feel like it. People should put their money where their mouth is and pay up at least a sizeable non refundable amount to secure their place, end of. I think it's the fact that the hotel never took or asked for a deposit that some people see fit to not bother going and not say anything.

The reason i book my own ferry crossing and last time booked my own double room

jesus in the seat of a 5
17-10-2008, 05:43
matt let it pass m8...and hope your w*****G hand gets better soon pal :laugh:

Cheeky fecker.....:laugh:, yeah its that one n` all, im still gonna give you guys my half, i can send it to shoppers no worries , as for j`s half...i cant tell you:(,you guys have a wicked time, cheers for all your concern...:laugh:{jaff}.

Adey aka Ewok
17-10-2008, 07:00
anyone else been up for hrs lol? gota go fit some final bits to the slag fill up and pack and im ready to go i think. ITS ON biatches!!!!!!!!

Bigfoot
17-10-2008, 07:22
anyone else been up for hrs lol? gota go fit some final bits to the slag fill up and pack and im ready to go i think. ITS ON biatches!!!!!!!!

Just woke up, got 10 hours work today till 6, then off to Shoppers.

Penfold aka The Dealer
17-10-2008, 08:20
I woke up this morning normal time, found me passport last night, finish work at 4, pack my clothe's and pack my car... should be ready by 4:30 this evening lol.

I dodnt even need to fill up with petrol

Bigfoot
17-10-2008, 08:52
I dodnt even need to fill up with petrol

I wouldn't advise filling up with petrol as well with your car :scared:

D4WNO
17-10-2008, 10:47
Lol good point Dale.

I fell asleep so late last night, I'm too excited :ashamed:

Adey aka Ewok
17-10-2008, 17:37
traffic is bad man, on the way to shoppers place at the mo, ians driving the slag so im on the laptop, aiiiiii. london masive whos doing what this eve? was talking to martin and he said if hes back early hes in for a ruby??

Bigfoot
17-10-2008, 17:47
Still at work :cry:

Ill leave in a minute though. Dont look nice outside. Hope it dont chuck down with rain there. Where abouts is it bad? M20? or not that close yet.

Adey aka Ewok
17-10-2008, 17:50
m25 was proper bad, m20 is slow but 40mph ish

Bigfoot
17-10-2008, 17:52
Just hope it clears up by the time I leave. See you down there around 10ish.

Adey aka Ewok
17-10-2008, 17:55
i might be dead by 10 lol, proper knackerd and i only drove the first 10miles of the 177 lol

Mart
17-10-2008, 23:34
Jaff, if that pop was at me for now not making Oulton Park trackday, and not turning upto ND in the jap taxi, there's 2 genuine reasons why that's the case. However, I've given plenty of notice that I won't be at Oulton, and I still turned up at ND regardless.

The difference is, both of those actions hadn't/hasn't left anyone out of pocket.

Anyway, what's done is done now, so we'll leave it there.

Spooky
18-10-2008, 07:37
Have a safe trip people :D

Lomo
19-10-2008, 10:51
Just incase anyone fancies looking out for the tribe today...Text em and tell them to give us a wave!!:burnrubber::cooter:

http://julesperry.com/nurburgring/

The new Bill J
19-10-2008, 14:09
Just incase anyone fancies looking out for the tribe today...Text em and tell them to give us a wave!!:burnrubber::cooter:

http://julesperry.com/nurburgring/

Looks like the track's been closed. Who failed? :scared:

Duncan Grier
19-10-2008, 14:36
It's open :)

This link is better, refreshes a lot quicker ;)
http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg

The new Bill J
19-10-2008, 14:37
It's open :)

It is now, but it didn't look like it for the last hour or so.

Beardo
19-10-2008, 14:45
all i say is poor old tommy who hasnt made it and is back home ... bloody jap cars !

Lomo
19-10-2008, 15:44
:agree: A nice little 5 about to give it some beans!!http://www.rtoc.org/boards/picture.php?albumid=235&pictureid=1821

Adey aka Ewok
21-10-2008, 18:21
yo, got bk hm about 5 ish, lots of pics and stories, no major fatalities will update when i have the energy lol:agree::smokin:

Penfold aka The Dealer
21-10-2008, 18:39
I had a great time, another 6 laps added to the Clio Diesel Learner car, best time is 10:30odd with 2 passengers.

The Diesel needs more power up the hills and i will crack the sub 10's.... But next year i hope to be there in a 5 of some sort. :)

Duncan Grier
21-10-2008, 18:48
Glad you all made it there and back and had fun :D looks like the weather was kind to you all and have a few pics of various members at the toll section :cool::cool::cool:

Gutted I never got to go :( but good job as my core split on the car and oil leak on turbo to sort oh and no tread on the R888's - again :D that would be 3000miles to this set lol

Look forward to some pics ;)

Adey aka Ewok
21-10-2008, 19:18
riccy

http://www.uedn.de/showimage.php5?img=T19102008/DSC_0069.jpg

me

http://www.boelsphotography.be/Nurburgring%2020102008/slides/sized_20102008NS%20294.html

ian driving my car

http://www.boelsphotography.be/Nurburgring%2020102008/slides/sized_20102008NS%20579.html

jap taxi and martin

http://www.boelsphotography.be/Nurburgring%2020102008/slides/sized_20102008NS%20047.html

alex supersonic me pass

http://www.boelsphotography.be/Nurburgring%2020102008/slides/sized_20102008NS%20079.html

alex and bruce

http://www.boelsphotography.be/Nurburgring%2020102008/slides/sized_20102008NS%20700.html

Ricardo
21-10-2008, 19:29
Hi peeps, I arrived at 11pm yesterday but absolutely shattered. Had a really good weekend away, as always a pleasure to hook up with the regular crew.

Did 3 laps and on the 3rd i lost braking doing 110mph into the series of corners after the 1st bridge and start/finish line. metal grinding noises on the way back to the hotel so i'm driving gingerly. Bought new rear brake pads on the Monday in Adenau, took the passenger wheel off and bosh! The inner pad had fallen out and the piston was hitting the disc everytime i applied the brake.

Big thanks to Bruce for doing the brakes, managed to get home ok but i'll be needing new discs. Deffo thinking 4 pots.

Bigfoot
21-10-2008, 21:20
Great weekend, shattered like all, early night and work in morning. Car made it there and back with some nice wiring for the fan :)

Need to load up some pics got 65 in total, never really take any.

Got to say thats the dodgiest pub ive been to for ages. And those shots were awful.

Anyway found a pic of shoppers driving round

http://www.boelsphotography.be/Nurburgring%2020102008/slides/sized_20102008NS%20297.html

Big Steve - Raider
21-10-2008, 21:25
Anyway found a pic of shoppers driving round

http://www.boelsphotography.be/Nurburgring%2020102008/slides/sized_20102008NS%20297.html

SMILE Charlotte!! :D:D:D:D <--- Like that!! :laugh:

Big Steve - Raider
21-10-2008, 21:26
riccy

http://www.uedn.de/showimage.php5?img=T19102008/DSC_0069.jpg

me

http://www.boelsphotography.be/Nurburgring%2020102008/slides/sized_20102008NS%20294.html

ian driving my car

http://www.boelsphotography.be/Nurburgring%2020102008/slides/sized_20102008NS%20579.html

jap taxi and martin

http://www.boelsphotography.be/Nurburgring%2020102008/slides/sized_20102008NS%20047.html

alex supersonic me pass

http://www.boelsphotography.be/Nurburgring%2020102008/slides/sized_20102008NS%20079.html

alex and bruce

http://www.boelsphotography.be/Nurburgring%2020102008/slides/sized_20102008NS%20700.html

Some great pictures there Ewok!!

Kris M
21-10-2008, 21:37
Just got back myself, shattered .......done 977 miles in total, the only c1j there...didnt miss a beat :D

Great trip, great food and company :)

6FOOT6
21-10-2008, 21:53
Im so gutted about the trip :( Glad you all had fun and made it back in one piece.

The MR2 is being broken/sold and I am buying a either a BMW740 Sport or a 540 at the end of the month.

Fancy a big V8 and a bit of comfort :D

Next time I will make it all the way.

Big Steve - Raider
21-10-2008, 21:58
Im so gutted about the trip :( Glad you all had fun and made it back in one piece.

The MR2 is being broken/sold and I am buying a either a BMW740 Sport or a 540 at the end of the month.

Fancy a big V8 and a bit of comfort :D

Next time I will make it all the way.

540's the way to go i think M8! 740's a bit of a lard barge!

Mind you both of them are going to be a bit thirsty? :scared:

6FOOT6
21-10-2008, 22:04

Mind you both of them are going to be a bit thirsty? :scared:

both better than the MR2, Plus im going to LPG which ever one i get, 58p per liter!

The new Bill J
21-10-2008, 22:04

The M8 was never put into production, so I don't know where ginge is going to get one of those from :eek:

Big Steve - Raider
21-10-2008, 22:07
The M8 was never put into production, so I don't know where ginge is going to get one of those from :eek:

He's ahead of the game (http://www.hvtm.hu/index.php3?ID=9000&carID=3228)

The new Bill J
21-10-2008, 22:10
He's ahead of the game (http://www.hvtm.hu/index.php3?ID=9000&carID=3228)

Hmmm, I must say, I can't see Tom in one of those. He'd be more at home in a Datsun Cherry I think :cool:

Big Steve - Raider
21-10-2008, 22:12
Hmmm, I must say, I can't see Tom in one of those. He'd be more at home in a Datsun Cherry I think :cool:

Here is your WINNER! (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-CHERRY-TURBO_W0QQitemZ110292790067QQcmdZViewItem?hash=ite m110292790067&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A4%7C65%3A7%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14) :laugh:

The new Bill J
21-10-2008, 22:19
Here is your WINNER! (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-CHERRY-TURBO_W0QQitemZ110292790067QQcmdZViewItem?hash=ite m110292790067&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A4%7C65%3A7%7C240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14) :laugh:

Now that's what i'm talking about! It's the facelift model as well :smokin:

Adey aka Ewok
22-10-2008, 18:07
did minty/dawn make it back ok?

Bigfoot
22-10-2008, 18:19

They made it back to Dover and got an early ET across, dont know about the other side though

D4WNO
22-10-2008, 18:22

Aye all good ta Adey, back about 9ish last night in convoy with Kris and Scotty. We managed to get a slightly earlier 5:35 train and it happened to port in about the same time as Kris' ferry so we hooked up in Ashford Tescos and off we pootled.

Awesome weekend peeps, massive thank you to sexy Chris Smith for arranging it for us, I can't wait to go back again. Paul said he'll upload the pics/videos later on, some of them are hysterical :laugh:

Had a nice play with a 300bhp Golf GTi on the way home, he followed us into Reading services simply to ask how a 1.4 GT Turbo whooped him lol?! :agree:

Gonna feel gutted going back to work tomorrow :(

D4WNO
22-10-2008, 18:50
I've just created a file section for the Ring photos here

http://www.rtoc.org/files/?path=Events/Nurburgring%20October%202008/[/URL]

and one for the videos here

http://www.rtoc.org/files/?path=Track%20day%20and%20Drag%20Racing%20Video's/Track%20day%20Video's/Nurburgring%20October%202008/ (http://212.241.211.228/files/?path=Events/Nurburgring%20October%202008/)[URL="http://212.241.211.228/files/?path=Track%20day%20and%20Drag%20Racing%20Video's/Track%20day%20Video's/Nurburgring%20October%202008/"]

Please add whatever you have so the members can all take a gander :D

Kris M
22-10-2008, 19:15
Those links dont work for me Dawn :crap:

D4WNO
22-10-2008, 19:22
Sorry, just fixed the links :)

Kris M
22-10-2008, 19:41
How do i upload pics into the Nurburgring folder, it only allows me to upload into the events folder ???

D4WNO
22-10-2008, 20:06
It's working fine for me, dont put them in the main folder though

Bigfoot
22-10-2008, 20:24
It's working fine for me, dont put them in the main folder though

It seems to be working now, wasn't working for me earlier. somebody must have changed something.

Penfold aka The Dealer
22-10-2008, 20:50
http://www.rtoc.org/files/Events/Nurburgring%20October%202008/Pics%20007.jpg

damn i look sexy....

Adey aka Ewok
22-10-2008, 21:46
yum yum :crap::sad2: lol

minty83
24-10-2008, 15:05
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh154/minty_83_photos/n518890564_4738877_9890.jpg
http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh154/minty_83_photos/n518890564_4738878_348.jpg
Good old 5.... it didnt like going round the track!!!! im in the wrong job cost 180 euros for recovery for 7minutes:rolleyes:

BriC
24-10-2008, 15:09
What happened Minty?

minty83
24-10-2008, 15:13
electrical fault!!! the annoying thing is that i had an auto electrian out a few weeks back to sort the problem, managed to get oit going again after playing with the loom for a couple of hours:crap:

Penfold aka The Dealer
28-10-2008, 21:26
If you go on Google Earth and put these cords in...
50 22'21.81"N, 6 59'12.57"E

You will see where minty broke down.. :-)

minty83
29-10-2008, 11:01
If you go on Google Earth and put these cords in...
50 22'21.81"N, 6 59'12.57"E

You will see where minty broke down.. :-)
cheers for that lol:rolleyes: